Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Whatever you do, dont get the NC STAR ones with the ( i think) #31 in a circle on them. they are completely hit or miss.
If you can, find the actual milsurp guys that are light gray (instead of glossy black).

Unless you feel like trying your luck , theoretically you can buy a bunch of newer ones and weed out the crapola. they are very cheap.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you do, dont get the NC STAR ones with the ( i think) #31 in a circle on them. they are completely hit or miss.
If you can, find the actual milsurp guys that are light gray (instead of glossy black).

Unless you feel like trying your luck , theoretically you can buy a bunch of newer ones and weed out the crapola. they are very cheap.
Thanks, I wasn't looking at original milsurp. Some can be real expensive

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o06_s00

i bought the cheap ones on amazon at the link. they worked pretty good, better than expected. i also have a few real russian ones as well. while the amazon ones do work as good out of the box, they work better if you use them for a while and work them in. of the 20 i received maybe 2-3 i still have difficulty with. the rest work very smooth now

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
eBay for both.

The Mosin's stripper clips are a joke. Or at least I haven't encountered one that allows me to push all 5 rounds in without some difficulties. I've read that some real surplus Mosin clips are good but they're hard to find and expensive.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
The guy at the Hauppauge gun show in the back left corner usually has them .

Reactions: 5.56
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.