Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this picture:

I thought I remembered, from way back in driver's Ed, that even on a divided highway, you must stop in both directions.

Is this sign correct?

It was posted on FB by News12 Long Island Meteorologist Rich Hoffman

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I think that picture is correct. I always thought on a divided highway you only have to slow down in the opposite direction.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Seems lots of people don't stop on the opposite side anymore.
More than once some idiot behind me beeped because I stopped for the school bus.
It is annoying how kids and their parents seem to take their sweet butt time though
I agree. When the parent has to have a conversation with the bus driver. It can be aggravating.

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
i was on my way to work when a school bus must have been picking up a child from camp.

the child was crying and did not want to get in.
i was stopped for 5 minutes with the child still not going in.
i broke the law and passed it.
my question is why would the bus driver not help and tell people to pass or stop flashing the lights or something.
how long are we realistically suppose to wait.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
I think that picture is correct. I always thought on a divided highway you only have to slow down in the opposite direction.
Nope. It's only been a couple years since going through this with a defensive driving class instructor... as silly as it is to be required to stop - on say Sunrise Highway where there is THREE concrete barriers, and TWO 8 foot fences between the east bound and west bound service roads - you MUST (legally) stop for that bus on the far side service road - 100 feet away and over all those barriers....

Yeah, I'd like to see someone stop on sunrise for a bus... probably get rear-ended hard.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
He is a freakin' weatherman of corse he is wrong
I just looked up his page - the drawing is wrong for NYS - BUT- if you READ his post - it clearly says that in NY you must stop even on a divided highway. (so why post that wrong pic???)

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Figured I'd bump this with a related question...

On a school bus...do all kids have to be seated before the driver can go?

·
Banned
4,735 Posts
so a 'weatherman' is now a traffic law expert???

Nope. It's only been a couple years since going through this with a defensive driving class instructor... as silly as it is to be required to stop - on say Sunrise Highway where there is THREE concrete barriers, and TWO 8 foot fences between the east bound and west bound service roads - you MUST (legally) stop for that bus on the far side service road - 100 feet away and over all those barriers....

Yeah, I'd like to see someone stop on sunrise for a bus... probably get rear-ended hard.
it will not be me that is stopping.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.