Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Northwell Health is running commercials saying "Guns are the leading cause of death for kids in the US. Just 3% of gun owners who live with kids store their guns safely. An estimated 4.6 million kids in the US live with unlocked, loaded guns in their home." They really know how to cherry pick the data. I'm sure they included up to 21 years old as "kids" So this number will include all the gang bangers killing each other

· Registered
29 Posts
Northwell Health is running commercials saying "Guns are the leading cause of death for kids in the US. Just 3% of gun owners who live with kids store their guns safely. An estimated 4.6 million kids in the US live with unlocked, loaded guns in their home." They really know how to cherry pick the data. I'm sure they included up to 21 years old as "kids" So this number will include all the gang bangers killing each other
Thats a total BS. There is no way in hell they have that type of data. I find it very disturbing that they are feeding people with this nonsense.

· Registered
11,590 Posts
Thats a total BS. There is no way in hell they have that type of data. I find it very disturbing that they are feeding people with this nonsense.
I just saw that ad and couldn't believe what I was seeing! Several of my Doctors are Northwell Health, I might be giving them a call and complaining...grrrrrr!
That ad has been making me nuts!
- I looked up the FBI data - and "guns" are NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 15 causes of death for 'children' (I went up to 24 years)
SO- the rough breakdown is 5.2 firearm deaths per 100,000 People OF ALL AGES.
Now, we know 2/3 of those are suicides - bringings us to about 2.0 per 100k.... now subtract LAWFUL/Justified shootings (self-defense and LE involved shootings) - which is probably more than half.... but even if we leave it at 2.0/100k....and "children" would be small number from that even... But even if we STILL keep that 2.0 number...

STROKES kill more children than firearms (even in the 'under 10' age group) than firearms. BY FAR (with a number MUCH higher than 2.0)
HEART DISEASE - the number here was HUGE in comparison - in the HUNDREDS per 100k - 300+ per 100k in all age groups.

norhtwell is flat out LYING.

When I quickly looked it up last week, I found "top 15 causes" lists... in thepast when I looked it up and dug in, firearms was around Number 50....

Reactions: ARP228 and DozerD9
1 - 16 of 16 Posts