Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
scenario..a bunch of legal CCW permit holders decide to stand gaurd at their local armed service recruiting center. its done in shifts never go inside the building just stand outside CCW just to make sure we have the ability to fight back since these places are obviously on the list. i dont see anything legally stopping them from doing it. also what about if one wants to carry a NYSAFE compliant rifle on a single point sling outside in same situation...i really dont see any violations here volunteering your time to protect our troops since they are not allowed to protect themselves. any input?

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
scenario..a bunch of legal CCW permit holders decide to stand gaurd at their local armed service recruiting center. its done in shifts never go inside the building just stand outside CCW just to make sure we have the ability to fight back since these places are obviously on the list. i dont see anything legally stopping them from doing it. also what about if one wants to carry a NYSAFE compliant rifle on a single point sling?
Where you going to find " a bunch' of CCW permit ho;ders in this liberal sinkhole?

As to this "hat about if one wants to carry a NYSAFE compliant rifle on a single point sling?"
I don't know of legality here but I guarantee the cops will be called, they will come down and probably News 12 will do a story on the militia racist gun nut Islamaphobe carrying a machine gun

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Where you going to find " a bunch' of CCW permit ho;ders in this liberal sinkhole?

As to this "hat about if one wants to carry a NYSAFE compliant rifle on a single point sling?"
I don't know of legality here but I guarantee the cops will be called, they will come down and probably News 12 will do a story on the militia racist gun nut Islamaphobe carrying a machine gun
Provided that its legal - I'm not sure I would mind being the subject of that story.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
The anti-gun absurdity is bound to end some massive display of civil disobedience, and standoff similar to that of the Bundy ranch dispute. The people will eventually tire of being forced into victimhood by a government that ignores the safety of the people for their own agenda. Dont know when it will happen, but it will eventually happen.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Sure then get ready to go to jail because its still the liberal nuts Gun Free Zone. Gun Free Zone stickers and signs keep people comfortable and makes them feel safe. The left at work again pushing there agendas even if it causes a few deaths they will never admit its a big mistake. Blame it of the republicans and legal gun owners who need to be more regulated.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Too many have bought into the "system". Anybody looking to safe guard recruiting centers will not be looked upon favorably, especially around here. The claim will be taxes are paid for a police force, stage police there.

The military may let the most senior person keep a sidearm locked in a safe.

I suspect the only time people will look on armed individuals in any sort of favorable light is after a complete breakdown of their "safety net" but not until.

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I don't think loitering (or vagrancy) is on the books anymore. Either that or the entire NYPD in all of Manhattan as been told to leave em alone. All except those at Gracie Mansion.
Besides CCW by definition can be neither brandishing nor menacing.
The brandishing and menacing was about the AR on a single point sling. Sorry, should've been more clear.

I think if you're just hanging around a business/recruiting center for hours on end, wouldn't someone call the cops? Not bashing cops, but I'm sure there is some stupid law on the books that you can be threatened with.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Too many have bought into the "system". Anybody looking to safe guard recruiting centers will not be looked upon favorably, especially around here. The claim will be taxes are paid for a police force, stage police there.

The military may let the most senior person keep a sidearm locked in a safe.

I suspect the only time people will look on armed individuals in any sort of favorable light is after a complete breakdown of their "safety net" but not until.

Paul
Sure they will put Police there and next time they hit a school with kids. What about the schools its so obvious what's coming and no one puts armed guard's there. I strongly believe the left is just waiting for another school shooting to really push there agenda.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Long beach Tony did you read the original thread...I suggest you re read and figure out in the plain spelling of word outside what that definition of the word is..in now way did I post inside..another thing is before you start to do this you go to local station house and notify them of what your doing amount of members shifts so on so forth I think you would be surprised at how many citizens would be for this.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I don't think loitering (or vagrancy) is on the books anymore. Either that or the entire NYPD in all of Manhattan as been told to leave em alone. All except those at Gracie Mansion.
Besides CCW by definition can be neither brandishing nor menacing.
Test case - Home Depot in Freeport, "migrant" workers loiter hang out there all day. Think a previous Mayor once told the local police to enforce the loitering law and the Village was threatened with a major lawsuit.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Long beach Tony did you read the original thread...I suggest you re read and figure out in the plain spelling of word outside what that definition of the word is..in now way did I post inside..another thing is before you start to do this you go to local station house and notify them of what your doing amount of members shifts so on so forth I think you would be surprised at how many citizens would be for this.
While we allow under the law concealed carry in this state. The Police would have many panicked civilians calling of armed men with rifles outside. I had a few hunting complainants because people were afraid of the guns during the hunting season. I have no problem with people who conceal carry , long guns do create fear among the liberals.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
While we allow under the law concealed carry in this state. The Police would have many panicked civilians calling of armed men with rifles outside. I had a few hunting complainants because people were afraid of the guns during the hunting season. I have no problem with people who conceal carry , long guns do create fear among the liberals.
"long guns do create fear among liberals."?
Really?
I think long guns create fear among liberals.
Short guns create fear among liberals.
Handguns create fear among liberals.
BB guns create fear among liberals..
Waterguns create fear among liberals..
Toy guns, model guns, keychains that look like guns, pictures of guns, etc.

Poptarts bitten on the side create fear among liberals.
The only things liberals don't fear is liberals and taxes. And Muslim Jihadists. I forgot they have no problem with them.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
No doubt that could be the knee-jerk reaction of liberals and other dim bulbs. Ideally our laws change allowing our society to get over it's fear of firearms. Open carry done in a responsible
(un-clownlike, tacticool) manner would help. Firearms training should be part of the public school curriculum just like drivers ed.
Hey it's Friday!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.