Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an inexpensive (cheapo) ugly stick he other day from Mike at SSS.
He did a nice deal for me on the stick and I was happy enough.
Came with a cheapo red dot, that was not a selling point - it was just included.
Never used one and just thought, WTF.
Got it home and the red dot had, err, issues. To cut to the chase, it was defective. It might have worked with some surgery, but it wasn't worth the effort it would have taken.
As it was a cheepie, I expected Mike to give me a big "C'mon". "What do you expect?"
Mike looked it over, didn't moan and groan, and did a nice upgrade for way less than he could have.
No problem. No bad feelings. No headache.
Happy customer. Happy shop owner.
I can (and do) buy a rifle anywhere. It's the after sale service that will have me coming back to any particular shop.
Excellent experience from start to finish.
Will likely be dropping more paychecks there in the future.
As an aside - it's really a pleasure to walk into a nice well orginized, well lit and clean shop.
Thanks to all of you who post honest shop reviews. They matter to folks like me.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
There are only a few good stores on the Island. Mike and company have one of them.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Yeah, Hunter Essentials and SSS are the two big ones on my short list. There are others I will go to, but these are my top 2.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
As always. . . . Nice to hear good stories like this here on LIF.

Thanks for the thread and I'm glad all worked out well for you.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Next time you'll there say hello to the Architect for me  ;) ....

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Dazzo said:
Mike at SSS (south shore sportsman) now has fishing supplies? or does SSS mean someone else
I think the original poster was referring to a "bang stick" when he said "ugly stick".

·
Registered
680 Posts
Can't thumbs up enough the idea that after sales support is key, and SSS has that nailed down. It's a significant difference from the place down the road which has left me high and dry so far for 3 months and counting. I'll get noisy about that on here soon if it continues.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
ecr said:
As always. . . . Nice to hear good stories like this here on LIF.

Thanks for the thread and I'm glad all worked out well for you.
+1

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
bobtorre said:
Next time you'll there say hello to the Architect for me ;) ....
You really come out with good ones.... :mad:

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bobtorre said:
Next time you'll there say hello to the Architect for me ;) ....
Just sharing an experience.
SSS has never been on my short list. In fact, before reading posts from people here, it wasn't on my list at all.
Two purchases in two weeks is a pretty goog yardstick for me to have an opinion on a place.
Just being neighborly, sharing the experience.
Read in to it whatever you will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.