Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Taurus TCP last night at SSS and it was a pleasure as usual to deal with Mike and his crew.
They answered all of my questions, even the stupid ones, with no attitude.
Great prices on the items I was looking into.

Definitely looking forward to my next purchase already. hahahaha
And of course breaking my new toy in at the range. :)

Thanks again Mike!

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
Pick up some snap cap there thiss weekend between tours spent about an hour or so get all touchy feely whith some polimer It looks like the SA XDm in ???? is going to be the one the glock my pinky feels like its going to fall off the grip.

Great shop, good guys, good service. "Can I help you find anything " said to all who walk in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a wonderful experience there.  I am new to firearms and recently received my sportsmans pistol permit for suffolk.  Mike was incredibly helpful and took the time to go over everything with me from suggested calibers, type of pistols, etc.  Left very happy with my purchase and plan on going there for my next firearm purchase :)

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
I grew up right around the corner from them, and my Brother, who still lives in town is a regular there. I was making one of my rare trips up-island, so I called my brother as I was passing through, and asked if I should make a stop, which he recommended heartily.

SO I did-

Nice place, VERY friendly staff- there was a guy there asking questions and browsing, and being the kinda PITA that usually gets snotty attitudes from most shops-

He was treated kindly and professionally by the well informed staff.

I made a few purchases myself, and I will be back for more.

Ramone

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
My "go to" and "bring friends to" shop these days.
Never had a bad experience there.
Mike an Co. just did a nice job for a friend of mine on his, dare I say it, AK.

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
And yet another big thumbs up for Mike & Crew-

My last visit there, I picked up a pair of ten round Bushmaster mags ( I like the little ones when I am shooting 5 rd strings comparing ammo). When I broke them out at the range a few days later, I found one had a failed weld down the back.

I called up, and Mike 1) remembered me and my purchase (good thing, as I had no receipt) and 2) expressed great dismay that he had sold me a bad mag (seriously, he actually sounded upset) and 3), promptly put one aside for me to exchange for the bad one.

Since my brother lives in Merrick, and he was out by me that weekend, he swapped it for me- but when I went to get it from him, I stopped in the store to say thanks, and to pick up 200 rounds of Black Hills reman 62gr .223, as he sells it for only $3.00 more (per 50) than I can find it online ( to me, being able to walk in and buy it is worth an extra $12.00 per 200).

Clean, well- stocked and friendly- and damn good pricing! A big win all the way around.

Ramone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought a Savage Model 12 FCV in .223 caliber a few weeks ago.  My experience over there was a positive one. I did appreciate the "Thank you" from Rocco when I picked the rifle. Very good customer service!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.