Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Changed my mind going for the EMP with a 4 inch barrel. The grip is smaller and fits my hand much better. South Shore Sportsman has it and Springfield Armory provides a manufacturers discount to veterans and it is applied when you buy it. Although I am not 100% sure the discount might be available to first responders as well.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Font Gun accessory

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
9mm is now outselling .45 in 1911 pistols. Many pro gun enthusiasts have boycotted Springfield Armory for backing a very anti 2A legislation in Illinois.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boosti thanks for the information. I did some research. In 2012 Springfield Armory and Rock Island donated to the Campaign of then Illinois Senate President John Cullerton a strong opponent of the 2nd Amendment. It has been argued that Springfield did this in order to gain access to the "enemy" however, the contributions did not curtail the Senator's opposition to gun rights. It has also been argued that even if the above is true it was a waste of funds and that it did nothing to advance gun rights.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ended up buying the 1911 Ronin EMP 4 inch barrel chambered in 9mm. I took it to the range yesterday and loved the feel and accuracy. A completely different experience from a polymer striker fire handgun. I am looking forward to going back to the range on Sunday.
South Shore Sportsman
MSRP: $899
Price: $789
Manufacturer's Discount: $95 (available to military and first responders)
Total paid: $695

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
I ended up buying the 1911 Ronin EMP 4 inch barrel chambered in 9mm. I took it to the range yesterday and loved the feel and accuracy. A completely different experience from a polymer striker fire handgun. I am looking forward to going back to the range on Sunday.
South Shore Sportsman
MSRP: $899
Price: $789
Manufacturer's Military Discount: $95 (probably available to first responders)
Total paid: $695
Not a bad price, I have found better prices compared to Gunbroker. Always good to shop around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts