Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ok guys, here's the deal...

I just got back from the Sports Authority in Westbury. A sales associate stated that this location will no longer be carrying firearms or ammunition so most if not all their inventory on hand is 25% off.

There wasn't a lot of rifles and shotguns left, but I do remember seeing a Benelli.

As far as ammo goes, there was 40 cal, 45 ACP, and some smaller caliber rounds; 1 or 2 packs of 22LR; some high powered rifle rounds; and a good assortment of shotgun ammo. (No 9mm Luger)

I was mostly interested in 45 ACP and picked up a couple boxes of 50 round-count RWS ammo for $16.49 a box. On-line reviews were overall positive for this RWS ammo, a good choice for plinking. I was also able to score a 100 count value pack of Winchester 45 ACP for $35.99. I felt these prices were very good considering the current and future state of affairs.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Good for you! RWS 45acp 230 grain ball is really good stuff. Just sucks that another retailer is bailing.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Just sucks that another retailer is bailing.
Amazing how all these "hi-profile" big box retailers are caving to the media driven public perception that they offer firearms products that kill babies (Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, etc.). Heck, there are probably 100 products in every store that kill babies if not properly supervised, but they are not dropping those items...nooooo, too much $ to be made for the shareholders. They don't want the whale watchers and tree huggers boycotting their stores. The leftist media is stirring up a shytestorm of negative press on this guns and ammo topic to support the democratic administration's anti-gun agenda. One of the lesson's learned from Hitler's pre-WWII Nazi Germany was to never underestimate the abject stupidity of the masses and their desire for the status quo. Hitler never lost track of the value of constant propaganda and we are seeing that BS here and now in this country. The media is guilty of gross negligence in banning together to bang home an anti gun message and that is slowly stripping us of our 2A rights, one bullet and one gun at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Any other locations doing the same?
No. Westbury is clearing out hunting and fishing tomorrow. Moving everything to the Massapeua store. Westbury will be done with guns me ammo. Other stores will still have them.
Just picked up the last 15 boxes of .45. No .22lr, just 22magnum, 17hr, lots of 12 and 20 gauge shot, no great deals.
Two nice Savage .17 bolt guns with thumb hole stocks at 349 + tax....

·
Registered
523 Posts
Was just there and picked up a few boxes.
Spoke with the sales guy and he told me only the westbury and a store out east is stopping firearm and ammo sales. Massapequa will still be selling ammo and firearms.

This is all they had left.
.380 is $19
. 357 is $26
.40 FMJ is $20
.40 JHP is $26
.45 is $36

.338 win mag
.300 wsm
Lot of 20gauge shell
Some. 270

This is all before the 25% off.

Attachments

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
No. Westbury is clearing out hunting and fishing tomorrow. Moving everything to the Massapeua store. Westbury will be done with guns me ammo. Other stores will still have them.
Just picked up the last 15 boxes of .45. No .22lr, just 22magnum, 17hr, lots of 12 and 20 gauge shot, no great deals.
Two nice Savage .17 bolt guns with thumb hole stocks at 349 + tax....
Indeed, I'm in the massapequa store and they are still in the gun business, to the extent they ever were.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts