Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stopped in today just to check it out,they had what i thought was good prices on guns ,but i got kind of an attitude becuase i wasn't a cop,i went in withmy work clothes on ( little dirty) but i had $4500 in pocket and left with all of it,one guy was nice and asked if i needed help,but that was it,there was an older gentleman that got alittle cranky becuase i wanted a case or two of 9mm,he stated I CANT DISCOUNT IT! and after making him walk all the way around the counter all he had to offer was 8 boxes. so i left.

UPDATE: Returned to the store with all but a great expierence.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a cop and I get treated well there! Sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome. :-/ Give the place another try and speak with Mike. I'm sure they will be happy to let you spend your money !

·
Banned
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i will, i never really go by first impressions,i always give somebody 2nd or third chance.i have been meaning to stop in for some time now but where its located i'm always flying past.like i said the prices did look reasonable

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Dont let Groucho Dave give you a bad impression of that place.  This place is not run by primadonnas who care what you wear.  Its owned by two brothers who are working guys trying to make an honest $ dollar and doing a great job at providing you with great service and great prices. First time I went in I dealt with Rocco and James however Mike sold me my first AR-15 when I came back a few days later.   All the guys in there are really classy guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been to every gun store in Nassau co. and some in suffolk, these guys are by far the best. Tons of stock and good prices. Picked up a GSG-5 today for $579. Dealt with Mike, great guy. try that with TNT.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Go speak with Mike, he is a real pro and I have had nothing but patience and complete knowledge of product at this store. They even have a child friendly section with movies playing and coloring books which gave me extra time. Not that other stores are bad I just felt Mike was the best decision for my first purchase. Come by on Sunday 6/28 they are having a meet and greet with some savings to be had. Good luck!

·
III%
1,508 Posts
METALMAN said:
stopped in today just to check it out,they had what i thought was good prices on guns ,but i got kind of an attitude becuase i wasn't a cop,i went in withmy work clothes on ( little dirty) but i had $4500 in pocket and left with all of it,one guy was nice and asked if i needed help,but that was it,there was an older gentleman that got alittle cranky becuase i wanted a case or two of 9mm,he stated I CANT DISCOUNT IT! and after making him walk all the way around the counter all he had to offer was 8 boxes. so i left.
First time I walked in there I had dirty work cloths on (work down the street) and I'm covered in tattoo's. Mike, James and Eric treated me with much respect. I don't think there is a better place on Long Island to go to then them. I've been to all the others. I just wished I knew about them years ago so I could have given them the thousands I spent at tnt to them instead.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Just got home from the BBQ event, was there since 10:30am, lots of good buys - 9.11 Tactical is there giving away gear - free handouts, great deals on Spikes Tactical lowers, discounts on mossbergs - go there now!

9 LANSDOWNE AVENUE MERRICK, NEW YORK, 11566 516-992-0004

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was fortunate enough to visit their "Black Gun BBQ" on Sunday. I was very impressed, on how organized they were. They had about 15 staff members servicing a rather abundant and demanding crowed.

Overall… AAA on presentation and service, I purchased some 5.11 gear and a raffle ticket for the GSG5! I hope they do it again next year…

·
Registered
791 Posts
Also stopped by myself. A lot of people there when I arrived and everyone seemed to be well taken care of by the numerous and courteous staff. As mentioned, they were well organized and there was a calm non-rushed atmosphere. I ended up picking up a Remington 870 pump for the home plus some accessories. Great price and plenty of info given. I was actually talked out of purchasing a more expensive gun ??), imagine that. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

NYshooter

·
Banned
101 Posts
unfortunately dave is a bit of a fudd, but the rest of the crew are all great guys. Eric is a big black rifle guy, and so is Roy. I love hanging out there, and spending money. Bought one of the BBQ Special Spikes lower packages yesterday, and i stop there all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was there twice and I will not go back.. Everyone's gonna have opinions..

I had cash on hand to purchase a gun; but got shifted to the side for the 'regulars'. Shift me to the side; Ill take my business elsewhere. Thats the problem with ALL the gun stores. They think there poop dont stink.. It's a good thing that we have this forum for these discussions. I myself went to both LISC :puke and The Suffolk Sportsman. I bought my gun from Alan, thanks to this site! I didnt even know he existed.

Anyway. Im done.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
FredTurn said:
I was there twice and I will not go back.. Everyone's gonna have opinions..

I had cash on hand to purchase a gun; but got shifted to the side for the 'regulars'. Shift me to the side; Ill take my business elsewhere. Thats the problem with ALL the gun stores. They think there poop dont stink.. It's a good thing that we have this forum for these discussions. I myself went to both LISC :puke and The Suffolk Sportsman. I bought my gun from Alan, thanks to this site! I didnt even know he existed.

Anyway. Im done.
Sorry you felt that way. And your right being shifted from side to side does suck especially when you are ready to make a purchase and no one pays attention to you. But in their defense you must of seen how crowded it was in there. Im a regular and love hanging out there, and mike asked me not to talk to the staff unless i was purchasing something. to me honest I didnt take any offense to that because there were a lot of people who needed help that were ready to purchase. I guess i have a business menatlity. Business is business and friendship is friendship. Seperate the two and you will make a business flurish. That being said Im sure if you give these guys another shot you will be surprised at their knowledge and the fact they will not try to sell you something you dont need just to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I visited the store back in May to purchase a Glock 19.  I have nothing but nice things to say, and I was treated with the upmost levels of respect, and they answered every question that I had.  They also had some of the best prices around which was a plus. I dealt with mike, and another fellow who I forgot his name(Tall guy, walks with a slight limp)  They were both awesome, and have made a lifetime customer out of myself.  If you had a negative experience there, someone might have been having a rough day or it might have been extremely busy, I have been in there a few times and recieve the same excellent/professional treatment everytime!  Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just went there for the first time yesterday to look at holsters and see about picking up range ammo.
I usually go to Hunter so this is the first time there for me.
There were 3 guys working. One looked like he might have owned it as he was telling another guy what to do. He was skinny with black hair. the guy that helped me was bigger..not too tall and extremely nice and very helpful.
the third guy had some type of mohawk or something and was busy helping some other guys.
the prices for ammo were better in hunter as i was paying $20 a box for 230 grain ball ammo for the .45 as opposed to $25.
I ordered a holster for my 1911 w/rail because they didnt have any in stock

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Johnnynoc said:
I just went there for the first time yesterday to look at holsters and see about picking up range ammo.
I usually go to Hunter so this is the first time there for me.
There were 3 guys working. One looked like he might have owned it as he was telling another guy what to do. He was skinny with black hair. the guy that helped me was bigger..not too tall and extremely nice and very helpful.
the third guy had some type of mohawk or something and was busy helping some other guys.
the prices for ammo were better in hunter as i was paying $20 a box for 230 grain ball ammo for the .45 as opposed to $25.
I ordered a holster for my 1911 w/rail because they didnt have any in stock
I was just in Hunter and paid 24.95 for FMJ .45 Winchester White Box Ammo - what brand and how much was in stock because ill go there on the way home, please confirm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They have the Blazer ammo for the $19.95 i believe. its 230 grain ball for the .45
not sure how much was left but whenever i went there it was always in stock. Last time I went was about 3 weeks ago

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.