Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by to see if they had any Magpul followers. Of course they did. I picked up some ranger plates while I was at it. I was treated with the respect, courtesy and friendly banter that befits a paying customer.

If you are a black rifle guy or gal you should stop by to see Mike and the boys. Mike has really listened to his customers wants and is stocking more high quality AR parts and accessories than anyone else on Long Island. He has a full selection of Magpul, Troy, and Spikes parts and accessories just to name a few. Yes, his prices are a little more than online retailers but much cheaper than any other local dealer I have been to. I have no problem paying a small premium for locally purchased parts. It costs a lot of money to do business in NY and if there is a problem you can deal with it face to face instead of phone and email. I much rather support a local business when possible. Mike is one of the good guys!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
are you talking about complete lines of lowers/uppers/optics/bipods & the such?

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Lostinthewoods said:
I stopped by to see if they had any Magpul followers. Of course they did. I picked up some ranger plates while I was at it. I was treated with the respect, courtesy and friendly banter that befits a paying customer.

If you are a black rifle guy or gal you should stop by to see Mike and the boys. Mike has really listened to his customers wants and is stocking more high quality AR parts and accessories than anyone else on Long Island. He has a full selection of Magpul, Troy, and Spikes parts and accessories just to name a few. Yes, his prices are a little more than online retailers but much cheaper than any other local dealer I have been to. I have no problem paying a small premium for locally purchased parts. It costs a lot of money to do business in NY and if there is a problem you can deal with it face to face instead of phone and email. I much rather support a local business when possible. Mike is one of the good guys!
Mike may indeed be a little more on some things, but when you take into account the shipping costs and things like COBIS, he gets more reasonable. Then add in the I can have it NOW factor, it quickly becomes a downright steal.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
anygunwilldoifuwilldo said:
are you talking about complete lines of lowers/uppers/optics/bipods & the such?
Yep. Mike and his brother have one of the largest stocks of AR goodies, and optics on the Island. They even stock left handed AR's.

Now, that's customer service second to none.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Today was my first time to SSS- James and Mike #2 (sorry I only know him that way) were great. I was just browsing when a used Saiga 7.62 x39 caught my eye. Of coarse without hesistation I wanted it. I made James a offer of a deposit to hold it. Without even knowing me from a hole in the wall he said SURE no problem- later after running NICS and talking to me did his ears perk up after finding out I heard of SSS through the many compliments of its members(YOU GUYS) He asked me if I posted I said of coarse.(and that I was a donated member) I too deal in retail. Building a relationship with a customer/client is not one sided. I treat all customers with respect and care however those VIP/LIFETIME customers you go the extra mile for. People forget sometimes it takes time to get to know someone who will go that little extra for them. These guys got busy right after I walked in.Two more people purchasing long guns. One gentlemen in particular knew Mike/owner very well -although MIke was out at the moment- did not hesistate to make his purchase regardless. That speaks volumes to me, as a new potential customer(me). Mike #2 was only helping out for a little while- and help me he did. I love their selection and truth be told-DON'T let this bite me in the *ss their prices were extremely competitive(better then most!) I too agree with the GOT IT NOW factor- I saw two other items I will p/u when I finish paying off the Saiga- TROY rear battle sight(I almost purchased @ midway online) and a STAG Southpaw upper(that too I was going to order online) SSS has my business from now on- Thanks be to the BLACK RIFLE SHOP-SSS

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
Stopped by to check the place out. They gave me a price on a set of Vaquero that was very fair just need to get some more home inspection jobs to pay for them.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
First purchase at SSS today, after a couple of prior visits for ammo, window shopping, etc.
Hassel free. Clean. Like they want to do business, you know?
Decent price. Great folks behind the counter.
Nice place to do business from what I see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.