Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what SSS charges to transfer a used handgun? I'm possibly buying a GP100 from someone in Nassau & I live in Suffolk. The seller suggested SSS as the place to do the transfer.

Sig

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
If you live in Suffolk, all you need is your purchase order document, that you take back to licensing department. The other party for Nassau needs the copy attached to your order and a bill of sale to amend his own license.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
You need one to buy, he to sell, meet at his house or your house to seal the deal, return with the pistol to get it registered, other guy returns with PD to get the pistol removed.

It's the "NC/SC Loophole". ;)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Then safest way is for you to pickup a purchase doc from Sufflolk and meet the seller at the Nassau pistol license section. There is no reason to pay an for an ffl transfer.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
cas said:
I believe it's $25 if you want to pay them for no reason. They sure could use the money right now.
Ditto that. But on the other hand, IF you get your purchase doc, and just don't want to pay the transfer, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT meet at a gun store to conduct a private transaction. It's rude, and in bad taste.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.