Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading ALL these posts for the pure enjoyment last week I needed to stop by the store. I just had to! It's like seeing the story come alive!

Im not impressed with their selection, pricing, and people. Just my two cents worth. I won't be going back either.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Thanks for your opinion, it is welcomed here. 8)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ground Rules: This thread is for opinions about this particular store, not to bash those giving their opinions. LIF will not be held responsible for any posts. If you do not like what is being said in this thread then simply ignore it and don't post.

·
Pistol Expert
792 Posts
Sorry to hear that. S. Shore is one of my favorite shops and the only one my wife feels comfortable going to alone just because of the way the staff treats her. Now I'm curious and have to stop in and see if things have changed at all.

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
WELL for the best intentions of this site i will do STEVIEB a favor and  keep my opinions to myself, i dont want to give anyone a heart condition, and like always  my favorite quote from myself  TYPEWRITER  TOUGH GUYS   stevie your welcome  LOL  ha ha  i know you will get a kick out of that  dont want to keep you up at night  but if my opinions  make you laugh give me the word and i will unleash til then  everybody   GROW THE F UP  and have a nice day

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
How did that last post contribute at all?

You put people on blast for being "e-thugs" and then "e-thug" them by saying your going to refrain from berating them with your 'school of hard knocks' opinion of where they should stick their opinion.

You don't agree with the SSS thing, why not start your own thread rich in details and specific experiences. Then the educated public will read both and come to their own conclusion.

Instead someone doesn't think the shop is great and you e-thug them. Ironic to your purpose, you just compounded the negative thoughts around this shop.

·
1,650 Posts
if you are talking to me  2 things  i dont care of what went on i dont shop there  but from what i have read i think there are 3 sides of every story  the SSS side LIF side and the TRUTH side i wasnt there so cant give you any side of story  just thought i would let everyone know my side which is  OK the bashing is done we should move on to better topics  and  not waste our time on negative shit,  and what the hell is a e-thug  all i know is i say exactly what is on my mind  EITHER ON HERE AND DEFINATELY IN  PERSON  my thoughts and opinions DO NOT change  in person or on a computer  some people around here will talk a good talk but when confronted with something in person  they  turn into SPINELESS  jelly-fish for lack of better words  thats all im saying other than that  i have no opinions cause i wasnt there and havent paid that much attention to topic, and if what stevieb is saying is correct  then and its the TRUTH side of story then yes he is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN WHAT HE HAS SAID and if it bothered you that much what i said  i will be glad to talkm in person  about anything that bothers you  if not  then like all people say   DONT READ IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
BlueBird said:
After reading ALL these posts for the pure enjoyment last week I needed to stop by the store. I just had to! It's like seeing the story come alive!

Im not impressed with their selection, pricing, and people. Just my two cents worth. I won't be going back either.
So what happened. 2 days ago in the other post about SSS you wrote "Again, don't get me wrong the store has a good selection." Now your not impressed with it 2 days later. I'm really confused as I've been in there the last 2 days. And anything they may not have in stock, Mike is more than happy to order it for me. In fact he just ordered 3 items for me.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
STAY ON TOPIC

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Postal Bob said:
So what happened. 2 days ago in the other post about SSS you wrote "Again, don't get me wrong the store has a good selection." Now your not impressed with it 2 days later. I'm really confused as I've been in there the last 2 days. And anything they may not have in stock, Mike is more than happy to order it for me. In fact he just ordered 3 items for me.
I apologize in my words. It doesnt have a selection for ME. He has good selection for its clientele. Everyone is on the edge today.

Pricing was still off and the vibe there looked like everyone was being watched.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
BlueBird said:
I apologize in my words. It doesnt have a selection for ME. He has good selection for its clientele. Everyone is on the edge today.

Pricing was still off and the vibe there looked like everyone was being watched.. lol
That sound fair, so does anyone want to go to a range on Wednesday and make holes in paper? I'm available. :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
tatz45cal said:
if you are talking to me 2 things i dont care of what went on i dont shop there but from what i have read i think there are 3 sides of every story the SSS side LIF side and the TRUTH side i wasnt there so cant give you any side of story just thought i would let everyone know my side which is OK the bashing is done we should move on to better topics and not waste our time on negative shit, and what the hell is a e-thug all i know is i say exactly what is on my mind EITHER ON HERE AND DEFINATELY IN PERSON my thoughts and opinions DO NOT change in person or on a computer some people around here will talk a good talk but when confronted with something in person they turn into SPINELESS jelly-fish for lack of better words thats all im saying other than that i have no opinions cause i wasnt there and havent paid that much attention to topic, and if what stevieb is saying is correct then and its the TRUTH side of story then yes he is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN WHAT HE HAS SAID and if it bothered you that much what i said i will be glad to talkm in person about anything that bothers you if not then like all people say DONT READ IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU
i think e-thug means the same thing as your comment " type writer tough guys"

·
1,650 Posts
well all need to know  i  dont change my demeanor over computer or in person so if anybody wants to talk or discuss anything i will meet up with them and discuss anything  not a problem  and this whole thing is retarted  so heres another saying   sounds like all  are  MENTAL MIDGETS  SO NOW ALL MIDGETS  WILL TAKE OFFENSE  whatever i am done  

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
2ND TIME: STAY ON TOPIC.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My feelings about SSS are neutral .I like them no more or less than anyone else. I shop at everyone else also. I was just trying to understand some of the comments made about them here. Thanks for clearing that up bluebird.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts

Sorry, but like the above video this topic just gets more and more ridiculous...

+1 for SSS

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Bottom line is this.  We shop where we are comfortable.  Lets be realistic here.  T&T charges more for things and people go back all the time.  Colesium charges what they want and people go back there.  Hunter Sports has his own business plan and people go back to him.  SSS is just another store where we as clientele enjoy spending our money.  All these gun stores are equal to whatever internet service provider we use.  Some us AOL, Net Zero, Optimum etc etc. And we will continue using them until we find someone better

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.