Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been shooting and using Long Island Gun stores for almost 30 years. Today I had the pleasure of going to SouthShore Sportsman for the first time.
Immediately upon entering the store I was greeted by freindly folks. I explained that I had read about them on this forum, but had never been in before. Mike introduced himself, shook my hand,asked where I lived. Told him Massapequa, and he proceeded to rib me about finally making a trip to the place. while I didnt find anything in the used gun case that I "Had To Have" the selection was very good. We discussed them doing a transfer for me in the future. The price for a transfer is probably the best around. $50 new, $25 for used.
I hope that as many people as possible frequent this store. We need gun stores that are welcoming to shooters. Especially for the newer shooters that feel a bit intimidated by going in a gun shop. SouthShore sportsman definitely gets my vote.
JMHO<
Tom

·
Registered
756 Posts
I can echo that post.  I had the same experience one week ago.  Mike was super friendly and upfront. I was looking for a Taurus TCP and not only did he have that but every competitor I was considering. I was able to hold all of them which further qualified my choice.  Mike's brother also works there, I think his name is Jim.  Very comfortable atmosphere especially since I am new to handling pistols.  This is my 3rd pistol purchase but first from them.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I also must say nice place I went there two weeks ago Mike was on his game knows his stuff. I needed a holster for a CZ and he just poped out the number and there it was a perfect fit. He also showed me a new HK that just came out he ordered for a customer real nice piece he pulled out of the back. I bought the holster and some ammo. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Another +1 for SSS.
I bought a 5.11 dress belt from them last night.
Mike helped me out in my selection with explanations of the different kinds and prices.

Good price and great service.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Mike and company are a good bunch. I need to make the trek out there again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
This place is the best one I've been to. Eric and Mike were really good guys, as are all the employees there. You never for a moment get that vibe that you're unwanted in the store if you're lingering around checking out what's on the rack. Although it's a far drive, I like to have all my transfers sent there. They know the Penal Code in relation to what restrictions LEOs are exempt from, so there's never an argument of whether or not I can have something.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
By far my favorite shop,have made alot of purchases plus alot of tire kicking.Never had a bad visit.Even won my GSG-5 there last year from the AR-15 BBQ raffle.Great place,great guys :)

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I've been there. Mike and his staff are all pretty knowlegable. They carry a nice selection of what most Long Islanders are looking for. they even carry a selection of left handed holsters and AR's.

You can't beat that dedication toward customer service.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mike & the Guys @ SSS are the best. I have bought several guns from them and  the service is always excellent. They care for & take care of their customers! Everyone gets the VIP treatment the minute they walk in the door.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Great Place, I have already purchased a Spikes Tactical AR lower and a Ruger Mark III Hunter from them and I have a Sig P229 Elite Stainless on order.

As others have said as well customer service is amazing.

Never got a fake answer to questions like I have with other Long Island stores.

·
Registered
35 Posts
living in bellmore this is probably the best place around for any 5.11 gear you would ever need at a very fair price, they also carry some of the best ar-15 accessories i have found around the county

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
_ said:
.........looking forward to the 2010 bbq
I sure as hell hope they have it again. Last year I brought my new pup there so I couldn't stay long.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Swung by there again today and had Rob (I think that's his name.....i'm bad with names) mount a scope and bore sight it for me. Picked up a few items I needed for an AR build too.
I confess to not being there in awhile and saw that they're inventory was much larger. They have a lot of stuff in that shop. Mike dropped in for a hello (his brother told him I was there) which was cool.

It was nice to see the gang over there again. It's too bad i'm way east of the store and don't get to venture much in Nassau but....when I do, I make it a point to stop in and pick something up. Good group of guys and a good store.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.