Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in to check out some handguns. Mike was extremely helpful and even pointed out a very nice lower cost alternative to what I was looking for. I didn't buy a the pistol yet as I am ever indecisive. I did buy a Streamlight TLR-1S for my HD gun at a price that was competitive with online retailers and much cheaper than I have seen anywhere else locally. What really struck me about my visit was the way Mike treated a customer who was in purchasing his first handgun. Mike was very thorough in demonstrating the pistol and how to properly and safely handle it. He showed the customer how to field strip and clean the firearm as well. I was very impressed with how much time he spent with the customer. You don't get that kind of service everywhere and you never get it from an online retailer.

I also noticed that SSS is now stocking RCBS reloading equipment. This place is like a candy store for shooters!

Keep up the great work Mike! You're an asset to the local shooting community and the standard that local dealers should aspire too.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well said i have to say i normally order online then i realized SSS has most items for the same price i will be going in today to pick up my MOE hand guards that were the same price as many online stores.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I have too many positive stories about SSS to tell but I don't want to look like a "fan boy". Best part is that it is walking distance from my house yet I never get there enough. I guess the acid test for me is that when I have out of state friends and family visit they always want to go to the gun store around the corner. Enough said.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Mike has become my "go to" guy lately.
Every time I've walked in lately I see the defective red dot he took back from sitting right where I left it, which tells me the factory didn't take it back and he has to eat it.
And he never whines about it, which to me speaks volumes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.