Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of those buyers that needs to go around and check out different places and be comfortable before spending money. 've been to T&T Gunery and didnt like it there. Everyone talks to you like they are doing you a favor. The only guy that is really nice there and Im not sure what his name is, is the biggest tallest guy with a mustache. T&T's prices are high as well. I've been to Hunter Sports in Massapequa and didnt like it. I had a problem with a purchase there, and they didn't honor their return policy. So Im done with Hunter Sports. Colesium....what can I say OVERPRICED AND STUCK UP. Well 6 high priced rifles later, 3 hopeful handguns if i get my permit and countless of money spent on accessories since December 2008 l will only make purchases at South Shore Sportsman. Their prices are great, their service is great. Mike the owner is a bit wise at times but thats the fun of going in there. His brother James is cool as well. Eric the cop....nice guy and will even clean your rifle for you. I tried suckering him to do it a 3rd time. He caught on right away. Rocco is this funny sarcastic guy that knows his stuff as well. Another guy who works there is Bill. Great guy and knows his stuff. Dave on the other hand is a miserable mope. Everystore has them.

Mike will always try to sell you something you need.....not what will fill his pockets with the $$$$$$$. He has a great lay away plan if you need it. And you can just go in there and hang out. South South Sportmans is the type of store you go into to buy things and hang out. Once they get to know you bring your shield up because they will be wise to you there. So be prepared to have wise remarks right back at them. Its all in good fun there. But if you want service, great prices, be treated right, and the occasional wise remark then South Shore Sportsman is the place for you.

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
cycler said:
Mike will always try to sell you something you need.....not what will fill his pockets with the $$$$$$$.
Agreed! I was in there recently to buy a holster, and I dealt with Mike. I told him that I wanted a holster for my M&P, and he took the time to show me my options, and it turned out that the holster that was best for me (and came highly recommended by Mike,) was the least expensive. I'm really happy with it.

I've dealt with Eric the other times I've been there, and he's a really nice guy too.

What I like about South Shore is that they seem genuinely happy to see you when you walk in. To me, thats pretty cool.

I've either been lucky with the gun stores on LI and never had a bad experience, or (more likely) I shrug it off....but it does stick in my mind when I have a particulary good experience, and I've ALWAYS had a good experience at South Shore!

My only regret is that I won't be able to make it to the BBQ on Sunday... :'(

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its funny my little 2 1/2 year old likes to go in there because Mike "The gun store owner" as she calls him gives her change so she can buy M&M's from the little machine he has.  When I want her to go with me I tell her we dont have M&M's in the house so she says daddy can we go to the gun store mike the mean gunstore owner will give us change to buy M&M's LOL

·
Banned
54 Posts
Big +1 from me. I can't recommend them enough (so much so that I'm sure people here are going to start to get sick of me plugging for South Shore soon enough!). When I made my first purchase I was all prepared to get the gun store treatment I was warned about, but I lucked out and by chance I picked South Shore to make my first purchase. They were awesome, and have been equally great every time since.

·
III%
1,508 Posts
The only place I go now.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
A+ - although you can get a talking to if you transfer a firearm that you maybe bought online for alot cheaper on a auction site if they are a dealer for that brand or carry the product, which I understand, but other than that A+ service, attitude, and selection

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
_ said:
A+ - although you can get a talking to if you transfer a firearm that you maybe bought online for alot cheaper on a auction site if they are a dealer for that brand or carry the product, which I understand, but other than that A+ service, attitude, and selection
My brother inlaw has done 6-7 transfers there in a couple of months without ever buying anything ,Mike always bust his balls! ;D Today he will make Mike happy and buy something.I bought my M+P 45 there,Eric showed me 5-6 different 45's to make sure I was making the right choice.
Great shop+bunch of guys!

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Just got home from the BBQ event, was there since 10:30am, lots of good buys - 9.11 Tactical is there giving away gear - free handouts, great deals on Spikes Tactical lowers, discounts on mossbergs - go there now!

9 LANSDOWNE AVENUE MERRICK, NEW YORK, 11566 516-992-0004 :X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.