Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excellent people to deal with unlike another place who's name I will noT menTion. Immediatly after finishing helping another customer in the store I was asked if I needed any help. After fondling some of the AR's I decided on picking up a Spikes lower and parts kit. The transaction was smooth and quick....they didn't even stop to take phone calls while they were helping me...unlike another place I will noT menTion. Everyone in the place was a gentleman...they know how to run a business!

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I really wish you would mention the other place

·
Registered
396 Posts
Love that place.  Most things are priced right where they should be for a gunshop, and the guys there are really good.  Alot of Ammo is a bit on the pricey side though.  $10 for a 20 round box of wolf .223 is a bit much when you can get it for $5 online, but I think this is the same with most shops.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Based on all the good things I'm hearing, I'm looking forward to paying them a visit!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I have been there in the past, but based on reviews, I should be going in more often.

A trip is in the works.

·
Sharp Shooter!
455 Posts
Hey Guys, I had the good fortune to finally get to SSS and meet Mike. What a great shop with a huge inventory of knives, guns, lights, gear. Upstate, our gun shops are NOTHING like that! Mike was kind enough to let me utilize his classroom and was a very gracious host. I look forward to getting down there again soon!

Chris

·
III%
1,508 Posts
SSS.... The only Gun Store that gets my business.

T&T..... I'd rather nail my balls to the floor of a burning building then ever step in there.

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
LoneWolfNY said:

T&T..... I'd rather nail my balls to the floor of a burning building then ever step in there.
Now don't hold back how do you REALLY feel about T&T? I live a few blocks from T&T and always make the trip to SSS.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ChrisFry said:
Hey Guys, I had the good fortune to finally get to SSS and meet Mike. What a great shop with a huge inventory of knives, guns, lights, gear. Upstate, our gun shops are NOTHING like that! Mike was kind enough to let me utilize his classroom and was a very gracious host. I look forward to getting down there again soon!

Chris
HA I know what you are talking about when you prefer going to Gander Mountain instead of a local shop you know the quality of the gun shops is bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They wanted to charge me $590 for the gsg-5

I said well that's a bit steep for a 22 and the guy there brushed me off and I said forget that place. There was no negoiating. Was clearly price gouging. Based on that alone they would never get me back in there.

Picked it up at chesters in ronkonoma fr $500 cash brand new. Awesome to deal with.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
Phix90 said:

I said well that's a bit steep for a 22 and the guy there brushed me off and I said forget that place. There was no negoiating. Was clearly price gouging. Based on that alone they would never get me back in there.

Picked it up at chesters in ronkonoma fr $500 cash brand new. Awesome to deal with.
Cash no tax??

·
Registered
883 Posts
SSS is great. Never been there before before this weekend when I took the knife class at their store. Couldn't resist the temptation and purchased an ar15 lower after browsing. The place is well lit, well stocked, and the people actually want to help you. I only wish they were closer to me. We need a south shore sportsman east.

The computerized 4473 system is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Phix90 said:

I got mine from SSS for $520 I think. I *think* there is a LIF discount though.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
LoneWolfNY said:

that was great..

;D ;D ;D ;D :'( ;D ;D

pure poetry...

The imagery is killing me...

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
can't say much either way as my experience with them is limited but i did have a hilarious conversation where they explained to me that they could get me factory oem saiga 10 round mags but would have to do some "modification" to them to make them work in my standard oem saiga.  lol.  okie dokie.  teaches me to call before 4 in the afternoon.   ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.