Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had at south shore sportsman. Called them about having sights swapped out on a firearm. Told me to bring it down. Drove all the way there and they swapped them while i waited. Very nice, personable and professional. I wish all the stores would be like this. I guess i will be making the 40 minute drive from now on when i need/want something.
A great experience!!!!!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My son loves going there with me. They treat him like the future customer he will one day be.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
This was a soso experience for me.  I paid them a visit this afternoon.  I was asked "how can I help you" by one guy behind the counter without looking at me,(looking at the right side of me) as if there wasn't a person standing where I stood.  I view this kind of attitude extremely rude.  However, there was this chubby guy with very warm and friendly attitude who also asked the same question and added that if I need any help just let him know.  He then warmly helped another customer.  So, on the whole, the experience was neutral.

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Steel Baby said:
This was a soso experience for me. I paid them a visit this afternoon. I was asked "how can I help you" by one guy behind the counter without looking at me,(looking at the right side of me) as if there wasn't a person standing where I stood. I view this kind of attitude extremely rude. However, there was this chubby guy with very warm and friendly attitude who also asked the same question and added that if I need any help just let him know. He then warmly helped another customer. So, on the whole, the experience was neutral.
Well if you find 2 people asking you if you need help just "SO SO" you're really gonna be pissed when you go other places.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Steel Baby said:
This was a soso experience for me. I paid them a visit this afternoon. I was asked "how can I help you" by one guy behind the counter without looking at me,(looking at the right side of me) as if there wasn't a person standing where I stood. I view this kind of attitude extremely rude. However, there was this chubby guy with very warm and friendly attitude who also asked the same question and added that if I need any help just let him know. He then warmly helped another customer. So, on the whole, the experience was neutral.
Ditto on this, been there and experienced the same kind of thing at this shop...somewhat arrogant attitude from some but OK from others,
but I am noticing that somehow friendly customer service is not a gun shop top priority- sadly so.

I have been to Collesium, Hunter Sports, South Shore and in all cases its the same deal
some of them are just jerks for no reason..guess it must serve some purpose.

some of these guys are flat out liers and cheats - over priced weapons and ammo, etc
sad that the same ammo can fluctuate $2-$5 per box at each shop -

Hunter Sports has the best price on ammo and the FAIR price....better than these other two Nassau county shops by at least $2-$4 per box regardless of caliber

·
Registered
680 Posts
To be fair, if you're buying ammo at a gun store, you're doing it wrong. All of them are as much as double the cost of buying in bulk online. I only buy in the store to test out a caliber or brand for the first time to see if it'll cycle reliably. Once I figure that out, I buy in lots of 200 to 1000 from midway/cabelas etc. I paid around 5.50 for a box of wolf online that cost 11 at a store. I often buy things at the store that I could get online just so I can have it now and to support local businesses, but sadly ammo isn't going to be one of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.