Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use two store in Nassau. Both are on the south shore. One is South shore sportsman. It's in Merrick and I've known Mike and his brother James for about 30 years. We all grew up around the block from each other. Nice guys, very helpful, very into getting our youth involved-they give hunter safety courses regularly. The second store I use is Hunter Sports. The owner Mark is ALWAYS supportive of all of our interests. He donates time and money to our gun clubs game dinner as well as donations for shotguns to raffle off. He is also the owner of the skeet range in Yaphank.

Bottom line 2 great shop and you cant go wrong with either.

Sab

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 for South Shore Sportsman, Worked with mike for a brief time, great guy!  8)

·
Registered
176 Posts
+1 for Mark at Hunter Sports. I've been doing business with him for close to 10 years now. Stand up guy. stand up crew and definitely a staunch supporter of ALL of our rights as gun owners. His FFL fees are extremely reasonable and he does not have that typical "gun store guy" attitude, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dv0042 said:
I didn't know that mark owned Suffolk Clays...learn something new every day.
Yeah...he got put thru the ringer and had to stand walk on egg shells to get the range and keep it open. Definately a stand up guy

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sab said:
Yeah...he got put thru the ringer and had to stand walk on egg shells to get the range and keep it open. Definately a stand up guy
As far as I know, he is still fighting the community and the county on this. He's won a few rounds, but the fight is still ongoing...

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
I stopped by both South Shore and Hunter Sports yesterday....I have found where I'll be making handgun purchases from now on....both stores had a great selection, reasonable prices and VERY friendly and knowledgeable staff.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I had the privelage of meeting the owner's (Mark) dad the other day. I have never been to the store, but spoke with Mark. He and his dad are both gentlemen. Mark is knowledgeable.

What area do you live in Big Ox?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Ed, FYI, you can always edit/modify your post if you like.

Johnc

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
Johnc said:
I had the privelage of meeting the owner's (Mark) dad the other day. I have never been to the store, but spoke with Mark. He and his dad are both gentlemen. Mark is knowledgeable.

What area do you live in Big Ox?
I live in Ronkonkoma John, but I work in Mineola. I was on my way home from work, and traffic looked horrible on the Northern and Southern State, so I decided to take Sunrise Highway....I figured since I'm gonna pass by both stores, it would be a crime to not stop by! ;) (at least that's the story I told my wife.....she didn't buy it.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I go to Hunter Sports (mostly for ammo) and there is a reason I keep going back. I am treated right unlike some other place in seaford i wont mention who seem to think they are doing me a favor by them helping me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Johnnynoc, if you wanted to be treated really good you should venture down the road another five minutes to South Shore Sportsman, they will treat you better than any other store that I have been into & they keep the light on!

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Johnnynoc said:
I go to Hunter Sports (mostly for ammo) and there is a reason I keep going back. I am treated right unlike some other place in seaford i wont mention who seem to think they are doing me a favor by them helping me.
I live a couple of blocks from T&T ..........the drive to South Shore Sportsman in Merrick has never hurt me. I wind up hanging around for a while and talking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.