Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang........My daughter and SIL are coming into town for the holidays. He has a gun permit in Texas.
Would his Texas permit allow him to shoot my pistols while he's here? In other words, would NY recognize his "out-of-state" status ?

ps- when my wife and I visited them in Texas we were all allowed to shoot his pistols. My wife doesn't have a permit, but they didn't seen to care.
As one of our members once said " I hate this liberal sinkhole"

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi gang........My daughter and SIL are coming into town for the holidays. He has a gun permit in Texas.
Would his Texas permit allow him to shoot my pistols while he's here? In other words, would NY recognize his "out-of-state" status ?

ps- when my wife and I visited them in Texas we were all allowed to shoot his pistols. My wife doesn't have a permit, but they didn't seen to care.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Strat688 said:
He has a gun permit in Texas. Would his Texas permit allow him to shoot my pistols while he's here? In other words, would NY recognize his "out-of-state" status ?
Nope...[/story]

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Strat688 said:
He has a gun permit in Texas. Would his Texas permit allow him to shoot my pistols while he's here? In other words, would NY recognize his "out-of-state" status ?
Nope...[/story]

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Unfortunately no...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Unfortunately no...

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
You need a NYS permit before you are even allowed to even so much as think about touching a handgun in NY, let alone fire one.

How do we know he isn't going to go crazy and kill everyone in a 10 mile radius? Did he go through a NYS mental health check? Did he provide 4 references that are not family nor law enforcement? Did he wait close to 11 months?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Personally, I think that states that don't recognize reciprocity are insulting to every other state in the union. It is basically saying we don't trust you.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
You need a NYS permit before you are even allowed to even so much as think about touching a handgun in NY, let alone fire one.

How do we know he isn't going to go crazy and kill everyone in a 10 mile radius? Did he go through a NYS mental health check? Did he provide 4 references that are not family nor law enforcement? Did he wait close to 11 months?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Personally, I think that states that don't recognize reciprocity are insulting to every other state in the union. It is basically saying we don't trust you.

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks .................I guess we'll be sticking to rifles

·
Premium Member
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
723 Posts
Strat688 said:
:agree

·
Registered
723 Posts
Strat688 said:
:agree

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Strat688 said:
It is not that they don't care, it is not even a consideration or concern since you do not need the government's permission to possess a firearm in most of the country.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Strat688 said:
It is not that they don't care, it is not even a consideration or concern since you do not need the government's permission to possess a firearm in most of the country.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts