Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Could be worse - I had a moron blow a red light on the 4th.... T-Boned me solid in the driver's door. the car is totaled.

Here's where it gets fun - one of the responding police (we had 3 jurisdictions respond - some confusion about who covers that intersection) told my wife "We don't need witnessess... it's no-fault"

Thing is we had a witness stopped at the opposing red light who said "I saw everything - I saw her blow the light" I don't know yet if they took her information. (I was still in the car waiting for my ambulance ride)
AND when I came to a stop I SAW her light - TURN GREEN!

Girl never let off the gas, we all spun around and she goes left, up the curb, down the sidewalk until a tree stopped her.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
So i just noticed someone hit my car and put a nice big dent in it. She is old and I only use it for work but it really pisses me off that some tool would hit another persons vehicle damage the person's property and not leave a note or anything...People suck!!!!!!
Yup, have had it happen to me more than once. Came out of the store one time and someone put a 4 ft crease down the side of my 3/4 ton Dodge. Another time a girl hit my GFs car in front of the house at 4AM, went down the whole side. She and I did meet after a few minutes and she made good on the damage.

I have had stupid attacks on occasion and did damage. Always made it right, blame my parents

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,979 Posts
Could be worse - I had a moron blow a red light on the 4th.... T-Boned me solid in the driver's door. the car is totaled.

Here's where it gets fun - one of the responding police (we had 3 jurisdictions respond - some confusion about who covers that intersection) told my wife "We don't need witnessess... it's no-fault"

Thing is we had a witness stopped at the opposing red light who said "I saw everything - I saw her blow the light" I don't know yet if they took her information. (I was still in the car waiting for my ambulance ride)

Girl never let off the gas, we all spun around and she goes left, up the curb, down the sidewalk until a tree stopped her.
Yeah No Fault is only for medical stuff an even then it isn't all encompassing. Get witnesses. I had a woman pull a U Turn right in front of me, 3 tons of truck only stops so fast. Guy stopped and said he saw the whole thing, he would give statement. Cops didn't bother, I got jammed for it. Fast forward a few years- A guy makes a right turn from left lane in front of me- almost missed him (needed another 8 feet). Guys on sidewalk at their job say "Holy crap, I've never seen driving like that, you almost missed him- We thought you'd be totalled...We have it on video." Shared that info with both PD (not interested) and my Ins Co (VERY interested) Ended up not chargeable to me.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
So i just noticed someone hit my car and put a nice big dent in it. She is old and I only use it for work but it really pisses me off that some tool would hit another persons vehicle damage the person's property and not leave a note or anything...People suck!!!!!!
Report it to the Police immediately don't wait over 10 days if the damage exceeds over $1,000... People can be real tools!

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
The cop didn't know the meaning of the term "no-fault"?

WOW
Yeah, I am PISSED about that.

Anyone know how to get 911 call records? the witness is who called.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts

The accident report MV104A will be used to determine who is at fault. The witness is crucial to the insurance company. If injuries are involved the officer should get all the details. The SCPD use a 10-10A form they give to the drivers involved to write a statement of what happened. The Insurance company will go with the Police officer MV104A report with who is at fault. A witness is always important to help with gathering the facts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.