Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I disagree. Civil disobedience.....it's the only way to fight ridiculous laws. No?
That's not civil disobedience wondering if the range officers would do something.

But I'll play.
As long as you understand that it is a felony similar to rape in degree and you are risking years in prison, all your firearms forever (convicted felons can not own or possess firearms), your job etc.

If you are risking that because you want to shoot I'd say you were an idiot
if you are willing to risk it all in the hope of being arrested and fighting this unjust law and walk into that with both eyes open I'd say you're a patriot and very brave.

ETA:
With your statement about calling the feds it seems you know little of this crap law so I think your civil disobedience is naive and not thought out at best.
The Feds couldn't care less about the SAFE Act.
It is a NY state thing.

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,119 Posts
I disagree. Civil disobedience.....it's the only way to fight ridiculous laws. No?
We heard you the first time!!

Civil disobedience in large groups sends a message that the masses are upset. Civil disobedience by one person is simply breaking a law and hoping not to get caught.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alrighty, all Good points. It just stinks that you could literally own 100 or more handguns and rifles but you can't own, as a civilian, a rifle with a pistol grip and detachable magazine.....just so dumb.

The saddest part, IMO, is that we'll never get these rights back.....

Until that day we'll live with everything that's going on....and out gunned by the bad guys....

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Not quite the actual meaning, but if you "fall on your sword", the only ones pulling you off it will be carting your Butt off to jail.

·
Clinger
4,810 Posts
the answer is ... Nobody will know if the rifle you possess is compliant or not without you telling them so or if you possess it under some excemption like being a LEO or have it registered ...2nd... the feds could not care less if you have a NYS compliant rifle ..if it's registered . or.if you are an LEO.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.