Long Island Shooters Forum banner

So you grow up playing classical cello

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Number 2 
#1 ·
and then you decide you want to be a rock star. What do you do? You hook up with a guy you used to play against and form a cello rock band and end up selling out concerts all over the world (not to mention playing with Elton John and Steve Vai) I've been following these guys for two years. They are in the US now and everything is sold out.

#4 ·
the trooper is awesome. I saw that for the first time today. If you've ever seen these guys in an interview all they do is make fun of themselves. In one interview they were asked how the public reacts when they see them and one guy said the Sheep in his town Meeehh louder than before :)

#5 ·
I like their cover of A/C D/C's Thunderstruck

#14 ·
IMO they need to learn how to do percussion on the actual cello like Rodrigo and Gabriela do with guitar- but that would require playing the cello as a plucked instrument. But they could trade off the percussion part, again like Rodrigo and Gabriela do- watch how they do their percussion parts. It's really awe-inspiring.

#13 ·
There was a sax quartet doing metal covers... I don't remember the name unfortunately (now I'll have to search again) very cool stuff!!!

#15 ·
My ex-son-in-law played with these guys when they did a show in the cafeteria of NYU. He was First Cello at NYU. These guys are so good they have about a dozen YouTube videos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.