Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the forum familiar with Stippling for a Glock? its something i have been researching and am not 100% sure i want to go through with it. I understand I can do it myself with a fine tip soldering gun, but was wondering if any shops/local guys offer the service and how much it would cost? also, if any of you guys have gone through with it, what are your thoughts? thanks

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Once or twice a year, when I feel the urge to get my Glock stippled, I find someone safe, discreet, and make sure it's legal in the state I'm in. You don't want to regret in in the morning.

Seriously though, I would just get a Gen 4 that comes with stippling.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
I sent my Wife's G19 out to Cold Bore Customs. Turn around was less than six weeks with an extreme reduction and some other work. Came out great. I prefer it over the Robar pistols I have handled and they had a much quicker turn around.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
Anyone on the forum familiar with Stippling for a Glock? its something i have been researching and am not 100% sure i want to go through with it. I understand I can do it myself with a fine tip soldering gun, but was wondering if any shops/local guys offer the service and how much it would cost? also, if any of you guys have gone through with it, what are your thoughts? thanks
If you want to do it with a soldering iron (not gun) then you'll want to pick yourself up a soldering station with a digital control which you can find on Ebay for sbout 75 bucks- I highly recommend the SMD workstation type that also comes with a heat gun for SMD work- this can be used to heat up and reform thermoplastics (Kydex etc.) and has a Haier type pencil iron. Pick up an extra iron for $15 as this is the part that will eventually go on you, they have a habit of coming apart in the middle after awhile. This is really all you need to texture a Glock, whether stippling or graining, I prefer the latter cosmetically.

·
6,875 Posts
Here is an example of the work done by Cold Bore. This is an Extreme reduction with double undercut on the trigger guard. This was an original OD Green Glock. Cold Bore was able to do this reduction without refinishing or spraying over his work. Very cleanly done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is an example of the work done by Cold Bore. This is an Extreme reduction with double undercut on the trigger guard. This was an original OD Green Glock. Cold Bore was able to do this reduction without refinishing or spraying over his work. Very cleanly done.

That looks really nice, that is exactly what I am looking for. How do you like it? Was it worth getting done ?

·
6,875 Posts
That looks really nice, that is exactly what I am looking for. How do you like it? Was it worth getting done ?
This is my Wife's pistol. The standard Glock frame is too big for her hands. Now it fits her much better. It fits my hand much better also, I really like it. I prefer this carry texture on this over the stock texture. I like it enough that I'm thinking of sending my EDC Gen4 out for the same treatment.

Reactions: Justinwendelken

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never liked the finger humps. It's my least favorite part of a Glock grip, they don't feel like they are in the right place for me. It's one of the reasons why I like shooting my Gen2 19

This is my Wife's pistol. The standard Glock frame is too big for her hands. Now it fits her much better. It fits my hand much better also, I really like it. I prefer this carry texture on this over the stock texture. I like it enough that I'm thinking of sending my EDC Gen4 out for the same treatment.
very nice i like it a lot thanks for the info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.