Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received the email minutes before I posted the video.

I already have three M39s, they're really good rifles. I wonder if someone chooses the +$45 option would get those pretty striped Sako guns.

I personally would like to see the individual rifle's descriptions and photos before making a decision. But by watching the video, paying under $400 for any of those is worth the money.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Just received the email minutes before I posted the video.

I already have three M39s, they're really good rifles. I wonder if someone chooses the +$45 option would get those pretty striped Sako guns.

I personally would like to see the individual rifle's descriptions and photos before making a decision. But by watching the video, paying under $400 for any of those is worth the money.
I will order "some" soon and post pics

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a run of the mill 91/30 Izzy that is a fine shooter. I was not planning on any firearm purchases but everything I've heard about the accuracy of these rifles made me jump at the chance to own one. I went for a hand select VKT. Now I just need to wait for the call/email from Volko to come get it. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least one is on the way into us. If it's spectacular we'll take some snapshots.

-Vick
I miss you Vick. I almost bought an Arisaka on Wednesday. When it was put up for sale I needed to drive. When I was home it was sold. I've been looking for some unusual rifles recently. Sooner or later I'll give you a call that a rifle is coming to Volko.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was not planning on any firearm purchases but everything I've heard about the accuracy of these rifles made me jump at the chance to own one. I went for a hand select VKT.
Took the words right out my mouth - by the time I made up my mind if I should be buying another rifle, only non-hand selects were left.

Are the M39s also packed in cosmoline just like their 91/30 counterparts?

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
I have a M39 that I got from Robfather.... I really like it!

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
so we had one in the shop today. Rone did the transfer, but I snapped two shots.

Not going to lie, it made me want to leave work to go shoot!

Wood Hardwood Shelving Room Wood stain

Sky Wood Water Cloud Art

Attachments

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Classic has received the second shipment. They will start taking order tomorrow.

After checking out other forums that people complain about the quality of hand select M39s. Some of them are with beautiful wood, some are with repairs, some are with totally worn bluing. It's doubtful if it's really worth $400+ for a hand select.

In the new video some rifles are in really bad shape. They're not worth that money. And I just don't trust somebody hand pick a rifle for me. Worst still, bore condition may vary a lot. It's like gambling. But it's your call.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.