Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many may not know this but remember katrana ?
Then of course Sandy here's the deal....Read what they did when katrana hit. It passed..

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/nyregion/schumer-and-menendez-propose-tax-breaks-for-storm-victims.html?_r=0

Then we get hit worst with Sandy Shummer promises the same but didn't do his job This time he out right screwed many thousands of people. All these people that needed money and had to take early withdrawals to help keep a roof over there heads got burned by him. Now with tax season here and Shummer who did nothing these people are getting slammed with penalties and taxes who took money out of these plans.

Shummer is a piece of crap with some act and needs to go.

·
Banned
2,205 Posts
Let me let you in on a secret, here it is well over a year after Sandy and the so called "quick relief" has not arrived. Chances are if your home or family was not directly affected by Sandy you probably think those that were affected have completed their restoration efforts. Sadly, this is far from the truth. The "quick relief" that was touted over and over again has been one royal screw up after another. If you were like most of my neighbors you filed for FEMA aide and were then told that since you played by the books and paid for flood insurance FEMA could do nothing for you. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told by FEMA to file for an SBA loan to make up the shortfall between the money you spent and the money that was paid to you by NFIP "National Flood Insurance Program. If you were like most of my neighbors who then filed for an SBA loan you were told that you were ineligible because in their estimation you were paid too much from NFIP. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told that hope was not lost because the "NY Rising" program would be there to makeup the shortfall between what FEMA and SBA did not cover. If you were like most of my neighbors your were then told that the little money you were able to borrow, yes borrow, would be deducted from any NY Rising grant you would be eligible for and by way just for sh#ts and giggles NY Rising had determined they would also deduct additional grant money from what THEY determined what you were overpaid by NFIP. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told by FEMA you now had to raise your home or face a ridiculous increase in your flood insurance rates and/or possible legal action. If you were like most of my neighbors you received a notice of award from NY Rising happily announcing to you your eligibility for an award of about $9000 to raise your home with the understanding that you would agree to sign over $30,000 in funds that may be available to you from NFIP ICC "Increased cost of compliance" for a new grand total award of negative yes negative meaning I would owe them $21,000.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Let me let you in on a secret, here it is well over a year after Sandy and the so called "quick relief" has not arrived. Chances are if your home or family was not directly affected by Sandy you probably think those that were affected have completed their restoration efforts. Sadly, this is far from the truth. The "quick relief" that was touted over and over again has been one royal screw up after another. If you were like most of my neighbors you filed for FEMA aide and were then told that since you played by the books and paid for flood insurance FEMA could do nothing for you. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told by FEMA to file for an SBA loan to make up the shortfall between the money you spent and the money that was paid to you by NFIP "National Flood Insurance Program. If you were like most of my neighbors who then filed for an SBA loan you were told that you were ineligible because in their estimation you were paid too much from NFIP. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told that hope was not lost because the "NY Rising" program would be there to makeup the shortfall between what FEMA and SBA did not cover. If you were like most of my neighbors your were then told that the little money you were able to borrow, yes borrow, would be deducted from any NY Rising grant you would be eligible for and by way just for sh#ts and giggles NY Rising had determined they would also deduct additional grant money from what THEY determined what you were overpaid by NFIP. If you were like most of my neighbors you were then told by FEMA you now had to raise your home or face a ridiculous increase in your flood insurance rates and/or possible legal action. If you were like most of my neighbors you received a notice of award from NY Rising happily announcing to you your eligibility for an award of about $9000 to raise your home with the understanding that you would agree to sign over $30,000 in funds that may be available to you from NFIP ICC "Increased cost of compliance" for a new grand total award of negative yes negative meaning I would owe them $21,000.
.............................makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Then we get hit worst with Sandy
Are you saying tropical storm sandy was worse than hurricane Katrina? It was a big storm, and I feel bad by the people still displaced, and would not want to be dealing with all of the NY/FEMA/insurance red tape. But Katrina with about 2000 deaths, 1.2 million housing units destroyed and 600,000 families left homeless, and over twice the cost, might have been a tad bit worse.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Sounds about right Tony. A woman I work with lived in Island Park, the foundation finally got poured for her house last week. He old house came off the foundation and the new one has to be raised 9'+. Now she is waiting on more money to start the rest of the construction. It is horrible how people have been treated by all of these government agencies who are supposed to be there to help.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
Chucky sponsored the National Do Not Call List! How many of you get calls from Credit Card Servicec 20 times a week? Chucky SUCKS!
LOL I get at least five a day! Best part is I no longer have any balances over a couple a hundred dollars and pay them in full every month. They were a lot higher when you could buy ammo, so thank you " the Albany creeper" cuomo, I now do as much business out side of ny so I pay no sales tax to be wasted on state crap!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts