Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A new survey reveals that small business owners give New York State a thumbs down for small
business friendliness.

Thumbtack has released the results of its 2015 Small Business Friendliness Survey and it reveals
that the State of New York is one of the least friendly places to do business in the United
States. The survey reached about 18,000 small business owners across the country and over 900
in New York. Overall, the state was given a "D" for business friendliness, with an F in "ease
of starting a business" which brought down the overall score."

Read more: http://watchdog.org/236343/small-business-new-york/

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Another poll where NY comes in last place! Just add it to the list that goes on and on and on.....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Color me shocked
I'm shocked, that is so high. Although lots of people start businesses without the red tape because they do not know any better and it is not until things go south that they are "aided" by state/local/fed. government.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Another poll where NY comes in last place! Just add it to the list that goes on and on and on.....
Ny Comes in first place a lot.
First in Taxes
First in Regulations.

I started a small business in this state.
NEVER again.
The bureaucracy and the fees and regulations they hammer you with just wears you down.
It's not just the state. the Townships suck too. I'm talking about you town of Babylon and the C word that runs the building department.

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Anyone who has ever owned, operated, or worked for a small business in this state finds none of this surprising.

Unless, of course, there were lower grades than "D". Then I would be surprised that NY got that high a mark.

(Feel free to attach jokes, puns, and wordplay based on the theme that NY has been giving small business owners the "D" for many years
)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.