Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Arghhh.... That sucks. Happened to me once. The carpets got soaked and had to get them shampooed to get rid of the smell .

Reactions: Silent Revolver

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Look at it this way, God's way of cleaning the dirt one might acquire when attempting to use those gas station squigees to remove spilt gas on exterior finishes

Reactions: Foosel

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
It is really hot outside. Leave your doors and the sunroof open, take out the floor mats and you should be good to go. You will not get the moldy smell if everything dries right away and quickly.

Reactions: Silent Revolver

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is really hot outside. Leave your doors and the sunroof open, take out the floor mats and you should be good to go. You will not get the moldy smell if everything dries right away and quickly.
I can't leave the doors open I park on the street. But I will roll down the windows and open the sunroof again.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I can't leave the doors open I park on the street. But I will roll down the windows and open the sunroof again.
That'll do. I left my sun roof opened last winter and woke to 6" of snow in my car
After showering it all out while keeping the temps low in the car, I dried all the surfaces and than cranked up the heat for hours. Everything dried and I had no mold or smell. Good luck!

Reactions: John L

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts

I heard great big raindrops plopping on my air conditioner about an hour ago. Now the Sun's out. But you can't leave your sun roof open this time of year. You can get T-storms any time.

Get vent visors. WeatherTech are the best, IMO. On the hottest days, I leave all four windows open about an inch. Looking at the car, you can't tell the windows are open (unless you walk up and peer under the visors). The inside of the car stay's at least 20 degrees cooler. And I don't have to run out and close the windows if there's a sudden unexpected T-storm.

I know this doesn't help now, ... but for future reference.

Actually it's hotter now... Ugh....
I just took the dog out. That passing shower and Sun makes it like a steam bath outside. I hate this weather. Back in the AC. Ahhhh ....

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
nothing here... but of course I am refinishing a stock on the deck and just applied a coat of poly, so I'm sure it should start momentarily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.