Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Dick's today to buy some 9MM. They were running a sale for Remington at $11.98 for 50 rounds with a limit of 6 boxes. I went to the salesman at the Lodge and he asked to see my ad or email. At first I thought he was joking but he was serious. It seems that they didn't have the sale in "the system" and he needed to verify that the sale was actually in effect. I was able to prove to him that they were running a sale on this ammo.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Isn't it strange that they couldn't verify the sale with their main office?

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Wow.
You're shocked that a craphole company like Dicks, that screwed over customers and makes them do a perp walk after buying ammo or a firearm dod this?
Absolutely shocking.
Who could ever guess that Dicks is named after their policies?
Oh yeah, anyone would be the answer.

You deserve it for going there in the first place.
I kind of wish they smacked you in the butt, turn you around and kicked you in the tush and out the store.
Maybe it would finally get through that Dicks Sucks.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Is it just me or does everyone not give a hoot when someone goes to Dick's and has a hard time?

It's kind of like bargain shopping on Craigslist for a hooker and being surprised when you get VD.
I knew a guy who got a hooker on Craigslist. She was such a bird brain she gave him chirpies.....BwAy haaa haaa

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
I went to Dick's today to buy some 9MM. They were running a sale for Remington at $11.98 for 50 rounds with a limit of 6 boxes. I went to the salesman at the Lodge and he asked to see my ad or email. At first I thought he was joking but he was serious. It seems that they didn't have the sale in "the system" and he needed to verify that the sale was actually in effect. I was able to prove to him that they were running a sale on this ammo.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Isn't it strange that they couldn't verify the sale with their main office?
I find it unusual that they wouldn't just have a manager or employee grab the flyer from the store front and verify it. Not unusual that something was overlooked and not entered into the system tho, and I can see them asking you for proof. Shopping in any chain store, I don't expect any one employee to know much.

A lot of people on here love to hate on Dick's, but often times their sales are a very good deal. It's kind of like fast food, I don't go into McDonalds expecting fine dining and good waiter service. I expect to be in and out ASAP for as cheap as possible. If I go into Dick's, I don't expect sage advice from John Browning or Samuel Colt. I expect to find someone who probably wants as little headaches and as quick a transaction as I do, and someone who I probably already know more about the product than they do.

Reactions: Genghis Khan

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I actually used to like the store since it's one of the few places that still carry ammo locally. I'll probably still go there because they're so darned convenient.
Unless you are looking for ammo Walmart does not carry regularly, I find Walmart is cheapest in a pinch (if you can actually get an employee to open the case!)... Dick's 20-25% ammo sales usually bring you down to Walmart's regular pricing (eg. WWB, Remington UMC, etc.). At least by me here in Suffolk, I can tell you Islandia, East Setauket and Centereach all sell ammo, but the Farmingdale Walmart does not sell ammo.

Walmart's website actually tells you which store has the ammo in stock... I know they suck for .22LR... I have never personally seen that in stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.