Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions. I wear progressive eyeglasses and having a real hard time with clearly seeing the front sight. Seen some advice on the internet but wondering if any of you had a suggestion. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Also wear progressives. Doesn't seem to impact handgunning but for rifles I either use scopes or peep sights. Buckhorns and a front post no good anymore.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

With handguns I can’t see the front sight (very blurry) so my groupings at 15 yds are pretty crappy. I have to tilt my head back to use the bottom half of the progressive lense Buckhorn sights are also a problem.

Qualifying with the M9 in the USAR is not a problem but shooting NRA Level 4 is a problem. I am going to try using single vision (sort of reading glasses) to make the front sight sharp.

Happy to explore any other ideas.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I shoot pistols pretty good with progressives and also have to tilt my head back and am always pushing my glasses up on my nose. Love to have a special pair of glasses for pistol shooting but they are expensive. The benefits of progressives way outweigh the problems for now. All of my rifles are scoped & NP.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Could it be that your progressives are more half and half than they are 1/3 close and 2/3 far ? (Progressive and regular bifocal people will understand this, lol.)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I had my doc change the focal length on a pair of bifocal glasses ( the reading half )... maybe this can be done on progressives
I tried having the focal point changed with my last pair of glasses and it got a little better but the front sight still isn't clear. Try explaining why you want them to change the focal point without getting a crooked look. I made them do it and it's better but not great. Good luck

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I just asked, didn't bat an eye :) ... but had measured ( had help ) the distance from the glasses to the front of gun, worked just fine.
Later decided not to use them as I prob would NOT be wearing same at the time of need, just plain adapted to the slight blur.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts