Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its seems that I can shoot my 1911 fairly accurately, even managing to get a few bullseyes, but when I pick up my Glock, I completely suck. Always low and right (Im a lefty) and a bunch of fliers. And its not the gun because Mr Glock himself shot it at a range night and was deadly accurate with it (what a show off!). Maybe Im just better with a heavier gun in my hands? Im actually thinking of replacing my Glock for another variety of 9mm. Maybe a heavier Hi Power might be better suited for me? I don't know, its just odd.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
If you do get a different nine, consider the CZ-75. I thought my 1911 would remain my favorite. Not !

However you must know that I have always considered the Glock to be for cops and wannabees, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I used to shoot my M&P quite well until I got my 1911, and then overnight I was a marksman with the 1911 and couldnt shoot my M&P for crap(still not sure I have it sorted out). I have since purchased a G19 and shoot that pretty good, so not sure why I started shooting the M&P so poorly. The RO at Medford halped me with some basics and it has improved, but still not as good as I once was with it.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the gun. I can put 50 of 50 rounds into an inch circle at 5 yards with my bone stock Glock 17. It's the shooter and plus Glock needs some special attention on the fingerpad pressure given the trigger safety.

If the Glock doesn't work with your anatomy or style a different gun is the right solution for you.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I consider it a party foul to ever sell a firearm once it is acquired, personally speaking. I adopted it, took it into my family, would i get rid of it just because a prettier piece comes along? No, my heart has room for all of them.

Oh, and the stuff about the trigger differences gets my money for 'the why'. Just takes putting rounds downrange to re-write muscle memory on the glock.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Before you become a hater, Do the 25cent trigger job and replace the connector with the Ghost 3.5lb one and the ghost spring kit....25 bucks from brownells total....I am a hater no more...

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET

·
Banned
7,706 Posts
This is a fairly common thing to see. The reason you are shooting 1911 better is because it has a shorter and lighter trigger. Glock requires a lot of movement on the trigger and it pivots, 1911 is usually very light and crisp and moves straight back. 1911 trigger is just masking your original problems of trigger control. Dry practice and you will be able to use both guns with good results.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here is one possibility. Double stack Glocks have very different grip design vs. a 1911. You may not have enough/or too much finger on the trigger and/or milking/squeezing the grip on the Glock.

Also, the 1911 is a true 'single action'; are you unsing the 'trigger reset' on the Glock?

For a lefty, flip the chart left-to-right. You are low-and-right. Look for "squeezing whole hand with trigger pull" if you don't feel like you have a solid grip on it, either because it's "too fat" or it's not lined up in the center of your hand making the recoil hard to manage.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Its seems that I can shoot my 1911 fairly accurately, even managing to get a few bullseyes, but when I pick up my Glock, I completely suck. Always low and right (Im a lefty) and a bunch of fliers. And its not the gun because Mr Glock himself shot it at a range night and was deadly accurate with it (what a show off!). Maybe Im just better with a heavier gun in my hands? Im actually thinking of replacing my Glock for another variety of 9mm. Maybe a heavier Hi Power might be better suited for me? I don't know, its just odd.
The 1911 and Glock are just different. The 1911 is a great pistol. The Glock is a pistol. Just like a jacket with the zipper on the wrong side, use it enough and you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is a fairly common thing to see. The reason you are shooting 1911 better is because it has a shorter and lighter trigger. Glock requires a lot of movement on the trigger and it pivots, 1911 is usually very light and crisp and moves straight back. 1911 trigger is just masking your original problems of trigger control. Dry practice and you will be able to use both guns with good results.
What he said. Disregard everything else as to what others say. By the way how much do you want $$$. For the 1911 !

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Lol

If you can shoot it doesn't matter the pistol you pick up. You'll do just fine.

If you can't shoot.... Blame the pistol. Can't possibly be you.

Seems some people just need to practice more often. Slackers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.