Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been seeing some really good prices for both the Shockwave and Tac-14 recently. Neither really held much interest for me when they first were released, but it's just a matter of time before the gun grabbers start to view these as "assault weapons". They also seem to be reliable and accurate. I don't know anyone that owns either of these guns, but I would love to hear some owner feedback. Which is the better of these two options and should I get it in 12 or 20 gauge. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey guys,

I have been seeing some really good prices for both the Shockwave and Tac-14 recently. Neither really held much interest for me when they first were released, but it's just a matter of time before the gun grabbers start to view these as "assault weapons". They also seem to be reliable and accurate. I don't know anyone that owns either of these guns, but I would love to hear some owner feedback. Which is the better of these two options and should I get it in 12 or 20 gauge. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated.
I believe a friend of mine has the 20 gauge mossberg. He said he likes it. I've toyed with the idea of picking one up, but I feel like for such a small length weapon, would a 12 gauge be too much recoil? I really like the idea of a 20 gauge. I'd like to try hmmm friends out whenever I see him next.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I’ve sold them. The gun is gimmicky. Use it for backpacking or traveling in places you can’t have a pistol. Recoil alone would make me choose 20. Just like I only suggest 22lr and 22wmr for the Henry mares leg and Ross ranch hand

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've sold them. The gun is gimmicky. Use it for backpacking or traveling in places you can't have a pistol. Recoil alone would make me choose 20. Just like I only suggest 22lr and 22wmr for the Henry mares leg and Ross ranch hand
Thanks for the tip. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos where the vloggers claim the 12gauge is a lot easier to handle then you might expect. I would probably use it as an "under the bed' gun in case I don't have time to get my AR out of the safe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Recoil shouldn't be so much of an issue. It's not a range gun, it's for self defense. 00buck recoil is not bad in the Tac 14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
I like the Tac14 with the wood furniture looks old school.

Reactions: Peconic Paladin

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos where the vloggers claim the 12gauge is a lot easier to handle then you might expect. I would probably use it as an "under the bed' gun in case I don't have time to get my AR out of the safe.
Why don't you just keep the AR under the bed?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’ve owned both. Definitely go with 20 gage. Less recoil. These guns are not so easy to aim but with practice you can hit a target from 30 feet. The Tac 14 has smoother action and the magpul for re-loading. . Mossberg gives you an extra round and the tang safety. Both triggers excellent. I prefer the Mossberg but would buy whichever becomes available first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts