Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have not brought ammo online since 2013/2014 I been just buying stuff from local sources. I know when the (un) Safe Act pass to law. It was going to force online distributor to only ship to FFL and a background check needed to be done. The ammo background check still has yet gone in effect the last time I checked. Can I order ammo online and have it shipped to me directly?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I believe the oppressive ammunition provision no longer applies.
I ordered ammo from Target Sports USA last week and it was delivered to my door yesterday.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
I believe the oppressive ammunition provision no longer applies.
I ordered ammo from Target Sports USA last week and it was delivered to my door yesterday.
I think Target Sports just doesn't care. They're the only ones shipping to NY residences. PSA and others still require an FFL.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Another happy Target Sports USA customer. Have placed 3 orders in the past couple months and all were delivered to my door.... shipped free if you buy in bulk and no tax!

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
It's still a PIA, given my level of distrust and the chance that a troll out there cared, it's not something worth losing a PL over. My $.02, wait until a clear ruling is offered.
Pretty sure you can still ship ammo to Camp Site for free. LIF Sponsors certainly deserve our support too, ship to one of them and support what we have left here on LI.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just like all others here, I am law-abiding and bought based upon this:

AMMO RULES FOR 2014 IN NEW YORK
BREAKING NEWS! JULY 10 2015
The Ammunition Background Check Requirement of NY SAFE has been suspended. The "Integrated Safe Act Reporting System" ("ISARS"), which actively grows at a rate of approximately 750 people per week since its launch in April 2013, remains up and running.

Stephen J. Aldstadt, President of SCOPE, said, "What New Yorkers need to understand is that 99% of the people in the ISARS database are not even handgun license holders. They are predominantly people who have had contact with a hospital emergency department who are numerically tagged as a '9.46' by a medical provider who is guessing what the person might do within the next five years. The NYS Police should not be permitted to stand in the room with you and your doctor."
According to NYS Senator James Seward (R/C/I - Oneonta), Governor Andrew Cuomo has agreed to change part of the SAFE Act pertaining to ammunition

A legal agreement was signed that halts a plan for a statewide background check database on all New York Citizens, for people looking to purchase ammunition in New York State.

Here is a link to the agreement.NY SAFE Database Memo of Understanding

Ny Safe Act Database on Hold.

This occurred the day after SCOPE delivered 900 FOIL's from people demanding to know if they were in the database.Memo of Understanding

edited to add this link to this info: http://www.scopeny.org/ammo-rules-for-2014-in-new-york/

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Just like all others here, I am law-abiding and bought based upon this:

AMMO RULES FOR 2014 IN NEW YORK
BREAKING NEWS! JULY 10 2015
The Ammunition Background Check Requirement of NY SAFE has been suspended. The "Integrated Safe Act Reporting System" ("ISARS"), which actively grows at a rate of approximately 750 people per week since its launch in April 2013, remains up and running.

Stephen J. Aldstadt, President of SCOPE, said, "What New Yorkers need to understand is that 99% of the people in the ISARS database are not even handgun license holders. They are predominantly people who have had contact with a hospital emergency department who are numerically tagged as a '9.46' by a medical provider who is guessing what the person might do within the next five years. The NYS Police should not be permitted to stand in the room with you and your doctor."
According to NYS Senator James Seward (R/C/I - Oneonta), Governor Andrew Cuomo has agreed to change part of the SAFE Act pertaining to ammunition

A legal agreement was signed that halts a plan for a statewide background check database on all New York Citizens, for people looking to purchase ammunition in New York State.

Here is a link to the agreement.NY SAFE Database Memo of Understanding

Ny Safe Act Database on Hold.

This occurred the day after SCOPE delivered 900 FOIL's from people demanding to know if they were in the database.Memo of Understanding

edited to add this link to this info: http://www.scopeny.o...14-in-new-york/
FYI, the only thing that did was suspend the creation of the non-existent background check db. The language saying all online ammo sales must ship to a licensed seller of ammo remains.

That said, if TargetSports had anything I wanted/needed on sale right now, I'd buy without hesitation. I don't realistically see much of a risk.

Reactions: Waffen1974

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Once that MOU came out, I saw little difference between shipping to my front porch and shipping to a local FFL. (Another satisfied TargetsportsUSA.com user.)

·
Registered
554 Posts
FYI, the only thing that did was suspend the creation of the non-existent background check db. The language saying all online ammo sales must ship to a licensed seller of ammo remains.

That said, if TargetSports had anything I wanted/needed on sale right now, I'd buy without hesitation. I don't realistically see much of a risk.
Oh boy. Only in NY... Thank you for the info. I will cease any direct shipment until I know what the heck is going on (if ever).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.