Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be old news to most members, but I just came upon Sheriff Nau's website.
Click around. Click "Firearm Information" for upcoming license procedures.
Get your application in NOW.

http://www.dennynau.com/

·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Might be old news to most members, but I just came upon Sheriff Nau's website.
Click around. Click "Firearm Information" for upcoming license procedures.
Get your application in NOW.

http://www.dennynau.com/

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have my license from Centre county. Sheriff Nau and his dept are great folks to deal with. The whole process took 8 Days. Highly suggest his county for your Pa. CCW
JMHO,
TJ

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have my license from Centre county. Sheriff Nau and his dept are great folks to deal with. The whole process took 8 Days. Highly suggest his county for your Pa. CCW
JMHO,
TJ

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
I spoke with Denny recently and he thinks that once this new system is in place, any renewals as well as new applications will have to be done in person. I told him that I am looking forward to meeting him and shaking his hand.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
I spoke with Denny recently and he thinks that once this new system is in place, any renewals as well as new applications will have to be done in person. I told him that I am looking forward to meeting him and shaking his hand.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
We can have a car pool out to Centre County since most of us probably are up around the same time.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
We can have a car pool out to Centre County since most of us probably are up around the same time.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
TJ Ironhorse said:
JMHO,
TJ
That long? ;)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
TJ Ironhorse said:
JMHO,
TJ
That long? ;)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM
This new statewide system will change the method of completing the application and the manner the Sheriff issues the newly developed identification type license to carry a firearm.
Once implemented the applicant will have to appear at the Sheriff's Office where their driver's license will be electronically scanned to capture needed data. The applicant will also have to be photographed and sign the electronic signature pad to complete the process. The system need be compatible with the Commonwealth's Information Technology Standard.
By law the new system must be implemented no later than May 2011, however it is expected that all Sheriffs will have the new system in place by the end of 2010. A pilot type program is scheduled to start in one county within the next month or two. If the system works as expected, more sheriffs will start implementing the system shortly.
Once we have a date as to when Centre County will start the new system it will be posted on this site.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM
This new statewide system will change the method of completing the application and the manner the Sheriff issues the newly developed identification type license to carry a firearm.
Once implemented the applicant will have to appear at the Sheriff's Office where their driver's license will be electronically scanned to capture needed data. The applicant will also have to be photographed and sign the electronic signature pad to complete the process. The system need be compatible with the Commonwealth's Information Technology Standard.
By law the new system must be implemented no later than May 2011, however it is expected that all Sheriffs will have the new system in place by the end of 2010. A pilot type program is scheduled to start in one county within the next month or two. If the system works as expected, more sheriffs will start implementing the system shortly.
Once we have a date as to when Centre County will start the new system it will be posted on this site.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Can you guys just imagine Palidino as Governor and Sheriff Nau in charge of all licenses in New York State?
Well, we can dream can't we?

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Can you guys just imagine Palidino as Governor and Sheriff Nau in charge of all licenses in New York State?
Well, we can dream can't we?

·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just FYI, Sheriff Nau's office is less than 5 minutes off I-80, so if you're planning on going to the 2011 NRA Annual meeting in Pittsburgh next year, it's right on the way. Might be a decent gesture to stop by and shake his hand.

·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just FYI, Sheriff Nau's office is less than 5 minutes off I-80, so if you're planning on going to the 2011 NRA Annual meeting in Pittsburgh next year, it's right on the way. Might be a decent gesture to stop by and shake his hand.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
PandM said:
Then again, Sheriff Nau seems to be the kind of guy who would be attending the NRA meeting himself.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
PandM said:
Then again, Sheriff Nau seems to be the kind of guy who would be attending the NRA meeting himself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts