Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This picture is all over Facebook. People keep posting how the rainbow is sprouting from the World Trade Center. When I point out that the position of the ends of the rainbow are movable in relation to the position of the viewer/photographer and that moving to a different spot will change where the ends appear, people seem to get mad at me.

Attachments

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I don't suffer fools lightly.
Neither do I but you should be able to understand why people might be upset.
When someone tells me their father loved birds and a bird landed on their car and their just deceased Dad sent them, I don't have need to point ourt why the science doesn't back that up.
You seem to be as upset as they are.
Let it go.

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
This picture is all over Facebook. People keep posting how the rainbow is sprouting from the World Trade Center. When I point out that the position of the ends of the rainbow are movable in relation to the position of the viewer/photographer and that moving to a different spot will change where the ends appear, people seem to get mad at me.
I'm all about science & logic, but I would let it go unless there's some ridiculous statement that goes along with the photo. Even then, I would tread lightly as a lot of people in the area lost a lot of loved ones that day. If rainbows help them, well so be it.

Reactions: truckie453

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm all about science & logic, but I would let it go unless there's some ridiculous statement that goes along with the photo. Even then, I would tread lightly as a lot of people in the area lost a lot of loved ones that day. If rainbows help them, well so be it.
i was a World Trade Center employee. My office was on the 98th floor of Tower 2. The number of people I personally knew and lost number in the triple digits. I will spend a part of tomorrow visiting graves. In some cases, those graves hold only a jaw or a thumb. I know death and I know cemeteries. Trivializing it with unicorn farts and rainbows is not in my DNA.

I spent a decade trying to get that day out of my every thought. I can't get away from it. Between Facebook, TV and every other form of media, that day becomes like an assault to me.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I am not a religious person, not in the mainstream sense any way, but I strongly believe In the power of prayer. How do you explain it with science?
This photo helps people cope. Let them have it. We all cope with grief, sadness, anger, in different ways.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I sure have.

I am not upset at all. Just being a champion of science.

i was a World Trade Center employee. My office was on the 98th floor of Tower 2. The number of people I personally knew and lost number in the triple digits. I will spend a part of tomorrow visiting graves. In some cases, those graves hold only a jaw or a thumb. I know death and I know cemeteries. Trivializing it with unicorn farts and rainbows is not in my DNA.

I spent a decade trying to get that day out of my every thought. I can't get away from it. Between Facebook, TV and every other form of media, that day becomes like an assault to me.
It always will.
I lost scores of people I knew including my best friend and his brother.
I lost friends in combat but this was worse.
Let those that take solace from a rainbow take it.
Remember your friends and co workers your way.
Grieve. Share your grief if you want. Don't hold it in.
I'm sorry for what you and others are going through.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.