Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering selling my AR so i can make other purchase, namely my S&W 686 P. 357

I registered in april, so it is registered, and being in NY it is NY legal.

Am I going to run into any issues if i put it up on gunbroker??? and i am going to assume that it would be ok if i sold to another person in NY as long as i go through my FFL.

Nazz315430

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
So even through it is already registered and NY legal, still can't sell it here?
I assume it was registered because it has evil features. NY compliant would mean it has no features and would therefore not require registration.

If registered in NY as an AW it cannot be sold or transferred except to an LEO or out of state. Other option is to make it compliant as to be sold in NY.

Stupid stupid law.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Registration can't be transferred in NY. Only the voluntary subjects who registered rather than taking the many other options that were available prior the registration deadline can hold on to their now "leased" AWs.The state will come and collect their property upon your death (as stated in the registration). After one generation there will be no more "AWs" in the state but many of us will have our perfectly NY legal ARs, AKs, and more.

·
Sockdolager
834 Posts
Registration can't be transferred in NY. Only the voluntary subjects who registered rather than taking the many other options that were available prior the registration deadline can hold on to their now "leased" AWs.The state will come and collect their property upon your death (as stated in the registration). After one generation there will be no more "AWs" in the state but many of us will have our perfectly NY legal ARs, AKs, and more.
Until they are completely outlawed. Which as you know is the ultimate goal of the so called progressives. What's perfectly legal today will make us felons down the road.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Until they are completely outlawed. Which as you know is the ultimate goal of the so called progressives. What's perfectly legal today will make us felons down the road.
We'll worry about that bridge when we cross it. Until then there are plenty of available options in the current law which is why registration was so frowned upon in our community and the numbers are staggeringly low.

And if we cross that bridge I have a flag flying. It looks like a regular US flag but when you look closely there's a " III " on it.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
LEOS and registered loyalists. Now in terms of patriots, only LEOs have assault rifles in NY.
McFly is right.
An Assault Rifle is capable of fully automatic fire.
We had ARs and AKs of a sporting variety made for civilian use and while they look like assault rifles, are not.
No matter how much Bull the antis throw out there, nobody had an assault rifle in NY even before the SAFE Act.
But I I know what you mean Destrp and I like what you said and of course agree.

·
Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
McFly is right.
An Assault Rifle is capable of fully automatic fire. We had ARs and Aks of a sporting variety made for civilian use and while they look like assault rifles but are not.
No matter how much Bull the antis throw out there, nobody had an assault rifle in NY even before the SAFE Act.
But I like what you said there destroy and I know what you mean.
Agreed. I hate the term Assault Rifle in the media (and it doesn't actually mean what i means in gun technicalities).

But in terms of the NY unSAFE act it is actually a legal definition. Anything that meets the one feature test is considered an "assault weapon" (AW) as written in the act. So it is actually a safe act legal term for these registered or now illegal gun configurations. Though a made up legal term (a hipoint carbine under this law is an "AW").

Now there is no legal term for the few that registered these "AWs" in NY, but i'd go with "subjects", "loyalists" or "sheep".

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Agreed. I hate the term Assault Rifle in the media.

Now there is no legal term for the few that registered these "AWs" in NY, but i'd go with "subjects", "loyalists" or "sheep".
That's why they call them Assault weapons because if they called them Assault rifles they'd be wrong,legally.
But I'm splitting hairs for no reason other than to point out more of the absurdity of our rulers and the media can't tell the difference between their butt and their elbow.

As to subjects, loyalists, or sheep, I might add cowards and collaborators but some may think it a little harsh, but then again, I don't give a S____

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
You can't sell your registered sporting rifle in the state of new york. If you were to get rid of 'banned' features, then you can sell away. Or...you can sell it to law enforcement.
Are you sure that's correct?
I was under the impression that once it was registered you couldn't convert it and thereby effectively "unregister" it so to speak.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Buy a new lower make it a fixed mag.

Around 150 in parts. Put all you old stuff off the old lower that is not working right anymore in the new fixed lower now sell you new compliant ar.
But you most destroy the old lower or sell it to a LEO.

I would smash it with a sledgehammer and mail it to the state police as proof the gun is no longer around.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.