Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Selling a  handgun to an out of state person?

856 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TheMongoose
What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this and stay legal?

From the reading I have done I could be wrong but it looks like the best bet is to have an FFL do it as they can ship it USPS priority.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You can sell it to him and collect the money but per federal law it must be transfered to an FFL in the buyer's home state and he will complete the transfer through the dealer.
Have an FFL here ship it. This way it's a clean transfer off your license. It is legal to ship a handgun to any FFL in the country under the GCA, but from what I know the PD's down here don't like it. To the extant they'll suspend your license if you do.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.