Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it because the price was right and it uses the same magaziness as my Marlin Camp 9 so now I instantly have 5 mags including the pinned 10/15 round magazine that it came with.

Love cross-over purchases.

Gun shoots well enough for my use in spite of people's general dislike for DAO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,781 Posts
marlin camp 9 and s thrid gen smith...perfect marriage!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
congrats enjoy,, you like it thats what matters your the one shooting it and it is your $ spend it how you want who cares what someone else likes or dislikes

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks All. I really enjoyed putting a bunch of rounds through it the other day and I didnt mind the weight at all.

Is this the NYPD version without a magazine safety?
I'm not sure to be honest. I'll check tomorrow night when I get home.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
These were built to last. Shoot it it a bit and the trigger will get better if it does not have alot of rounds through it by the original owner already. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
The DAO 5946 is one of the service pistol choices for NYPD

·
Registered
769 Posts
The DAO 5946 is one of the service pistol choices for NYPD
They haven't offered it in like 3 -4 years now to anyone. Just glock or sig. Apparently the glock 17 is getting authorized now. They do offer you the ability to carry the off duty smith if you choose to qualify with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired
1,899 Posts
Very nice, enjoy! I have one and I love everything about it. I'm use to the heavy trigger so it isn't an issue.

·
Retired
1,899 Posts
They haven't offered it in like 3 -4 years now to anyone. Just glock or sig. Apparently the glock 17 is getting authorized now. They do offer you the ability to carry the off duty smith if you choose to qualify with it.

Really? Wow! The job really is dead, lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts

The Glock 43 and M&P Shield are supposedly in the process of being authorized for off duty carry as well.

Although the Sig and S&W are still available for the NYPD, it's a matter of finding the Smith to purchase (for the older guys) who can then qualify at the range with it and then carry it on duty. For example, I have the 19, if I find the Smith and purchase it, I can then have the trigger changed, qualify with it at the range and it can then be my new duty gun. The only problem that I hear is S&W has stopped providing parts for the 5946. True or not, I don't know. I may purchase one and just add it to my collection.

The new academy guys are basically being handed a Glock and being told "here you go."

·
Registered
769 Posts
I hope they authorize the 43. That would be sick !

·
INFIDEL
7,262 Posts
I had one, Built like a tank and never malfunctioned,,,I changed the springs in it with OEM S&W springs and it lightened the pull quite a bit. I gave it to my little one, looks like its going to be a family heirloom..lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts