Long Island Shooters Forum banner
341 - 360 of 537 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
SCPD got my $10 and my questionnaire on October 2nd, 2020. I just called Yaphank, and was told my case was assigned to an investigator, but they are probably still working on questionnaires from August 2020. Waited over a year already, hopefully things start to happen in the next couple of months.

· Registered
15 Posts
SCPD got my $10 and my questionnaire on October 2nd, 2020. I just called Yaphank, and was told my case was assigned to an investigator, but they are probably still working on questionnaires from August 2020. Waited over a year already, hopefully things start to happen in the next couple of months.
I had submitted app in Aug and was called in Sept. Said would take at least another 4-6 months once affidavits are submitted.

· Registered
320 Posts
Did they let you pick the day for the interview? Or did they pretty much just say "hey your interview is in 2 weeks on this day"
The conversation was great, the officer was very pleasant.
The officer told me what the next available day was, and I took it.
I get the feeling I could have picked a day after that if needed, but since I jumped at the date, I can't be sure.
I was also given a choice of times on that day. Rather flexible really.

· Registered
320 Posts
Do we know what phone # they are calling from to setup interviews?
Or do they use different phone #?
Only reason is that I never pick up if it's a number I don't recognize.
I hear you. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize either.
My call came from a 631 number starting with an 852 exchange. However, it was NOT the main contact number for SCPD PL (631-852-6311).
The caller ID did show "SUFFOLK COUNTY", and that 631-852-XXXX number though.
Hope that helps.

· Registered
33 Posts
I hear you. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize either.
My call came from a 631 number starting with and 852 exchange. However, it was NOT the main contact number for SCPD PL (631-852-6311).
The caller ID did show "SUFFOLK COUNTY", and that 631-852-XXXX number though.
Hope that helps.
Okay, good to know. I'll keep an eye out for any numbers starting with 631-852
Thanks!

341 - 360 of 537 Posts