Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Title is not entirely accurate. SCOTUS has distributed this case for the justices to conference on June 6. This means the justices will discuss privately if they are going to take the case on, which is know as "granting cert". There are a few things that could happen. They could deny it. They could grant cert and then the case would have submissions filed, eventually oral arguments and a decision probably a year from now. They could relist it for the next conference a week or two from now. They could also remand it back to the lower court with instructions on how to handle it. Finally, they could stay it, or put it on hold, pending the outcome of the NYC case which has already been granted cert.

·
Registered
420 Posts
SCOTUS will not take this case, with the exception of Clearence Thomas all the justices clearly support the unconstitutional NFA. Brett Kavanaugh has even stated that he supports the machine gun ban because it has been traditionally banned/regulated for many years now. The in "common use" use language of the Heller decision was a trojan horse giving the go ahead for gun control lite.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will this mean I can finally put a suppressor on my AR and keep it for HD without the fear of blowing out my entire family's ear drums?!?!?!? lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts