Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on Fox news and cover of Drudge. Walker will announce in 2 hours.

Reactions: Objectivist

·
Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
Just heard this on Hannity show. This was probably inevitable since he plummeted so fast in the polls. As many analysts have said in the past, TRUMP has sucked the oxygen out of the race since he entered. ALL the leading candidates became oxygen deprived. Some are bound to suffocate. What little oxygen was left will go to non-establishment candidates.

It is not that Walker supporters no longer like Walker. It is that they are looking for an anti-establishment person that can win the GOP nomination.

My father was a strong Walker supporter, but has quickly transitioned into a TRUMP supporter in the past few months. Both my Mom and Dad were very negative and suspicious of TRUMP early on (including criticizing my support of TRUMP), but the more they heard him the more they liked him. My father is now so pro-TRUMP he has asked me "why don't the losers drop out and get behind him? I told him that some are going to stay in because anything can still happen and we have not had a single primary yet.

Walkers absence will not greatly affect the race, except that Bush will NOT benefit. What little support he had left will probably go TRUMP, Carson, and other rebels.

I expect at least one or two more will drop out before the primaries even start.

I do not know if I mentioned this yet on LIF but I have changed my registration back to the Republican Party (from Conservative). I did this primarily so I can support TRUMP. I will be able to vote in the GOP NY Pres primary in 2016.

TRUMP Uber Alles !!!

Reactions: Objectivist

·
Banned
2,781 Posts
I am liking Carly more and more... I don't know enough about her yet, but she is starting to get my attention.
She was knocking on doors not to far from me last week in NH, wished she knocked on mine... I have some questions for her!

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and
plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision who spoke on the
condition of anonymity.

Mr. Walker called a news conference in Madison at 6 p.m. Eastern.

"The short answer is money," said a supporter of Mr. Walker's who was briefed on the decision. "He's made a decision
not to limp into Iowa."

The supporter said that Mr. Walker's fund-raising had dried up after his decline in the polls and that campaign
officials did not feel they could risk going into debt with the race so uncertain. The governor, who was scheduled
to be in New York and Washington this week, partly to raise money, had built up an expansive staff, bringing on
aides and consultants detailed to everything from Christian conservative outreach to Super Tuesday states. But
his fund-raising did not keep pace with the money needed to sustain such an infrastructure.

More at: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/21/scott-walker-said-to-be-quitting-presidential-race/?_r=0

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
He was this year's version of Rick Perry. I'm glad to see some culling although I'd rather lose Bush & Kasich.

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
He was this year's version of Rick Perry. I'm glad to see some culling although I'd rather lose Bush & Kasich.
Wait... Rick Perry was this year's "Rick Perry". I agree with your sentiment about Bush and Kasich... add to that Christie, Huckabee, Rubio, Carson, Fiorina, Rand, Jindal, Graham, Santorum, Pataki and wait for it... Trump! Hmmm, who does that leave?

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Wait... Rick Perry was this year's "Rick Perry". I agree with your sentiment about Bush and Kasich... add to that Christie, Huckabee, Rubio, Carson, Fiorina, Rand, Jindal, Graham, Santorum, Pataki and wait for it... Trump! Hmmm, who does that leave?
well, we agree there, but I just don't see Cruz overtaking Trump. In today's era of reality TV stars. Trump beats all challengers.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Just heard this on Hannity show. This was probably inevitable since he plummeted so fast in the polls. As many analysts have said in the past, TRUMP has sucked the oxygen out of the race since he entered. ALL the leading candidates became oxygen deprived. Some are bound to suffocate. What little oxygen was left will go to non-establishment candidates.

It is not that Walker supporters no longer like Walker. It is that they are looking for an anti-establishment person that can win the GOP nomination.

My father was a strong Walker supporter, but has quickly transitioned into a TRUMP supporter in the past few months. Both my Mom and Dad were very negative and suspicious of TRUMP early on (including criticizing my support of TRUMP), but the more they heard him the more they liked him. My father is now so pro-TRUMP he has asked me "why don't the losers drop out and get behind him? I told him that some are going to stay in because anything can still happen and we have not had a single primary yet.

Walkers absence will not greatly affect the race, except that Bush will NOT benefit. What little support he had left will probably go TRUMP, Carson, and other rebels.

I expect at least one or two more will drop out before the primaries even start.

I do not know if I mentioned this yet on LIF but I have changed my registration back to the Republican Party (from Conservative). I did this primarily so I can support TRUMP. I will be able to vote in the GOP NY Pres primary in 2016.

TRUMP Uber Alles !!!
I think you're eyes are little too starry eyed with Trump.
How do you explain his poll numbers dropping so much?

BTW, registering as a Republican in this state where they Bent us over and raped us would make me nauseous.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
What America needs is Chuck Effin Norris to run for president.....

·
Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
I think you're eyes are little too starry eyed with Trump.
How do you explain his poll numbers dropping so much?

"... so much?" Really? You can not be referring to the polls showing TRUMP continues to rise.

The other candidate wish they had the polls that The Donald has.

http://www.realclear...today_show.html

Trump Rips NBC's Savannah Guthrie For Not Using Network's Own Poll To Show His Lead on 'Today' Show
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]TRUMP: I'm just saying this, why aren't you talking about your own poll? Why are you showing a CNN poll which is very good but not as good as the one you put up yesterday?[/background]
http://morningconsult.com/2015/09/poll-trump-leads-clinton-under-50/

Trump takes 32 percent of the vote among self-identified Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, according to a new Morning Consult tracking poll - far ahead of retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson's 12 percent and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's 11 percent.

Fiorina finishes in fourth position, at 6 percent, just ahead of Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ted Cruz (Texas), who clock in with 5 percent each.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Follow the money as it dries up ........ and how the Liberal media tries to shape the selection/debate process by ignoring the candidates they fear most or setting them up to look like guano. Walker was their test case to see if they could marginalize him in the 2nd debate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.