Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bushnell elite 3200 3x9 scope mounted on my 30-06 savage model 110,when shooting at 100yds on 6pwr im dead on,if i turn power up to 9 it shoots to the left of bullseye about an inch.is this normal,is it me because it seems more sensitive,or is the scope defective its only 3 months old and only has about 50 rounds fired with it.thanks for any help with this.nick

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
It shouldn't change like that when you go up in magnification. At 9 pwr is the target in focus? If not then the magnification is too high at that distance. most scopes also have a parallex set at 75-100yards. what is that scope? if it's 100 then what is happening is somewhat normal.

·
Banned
5,029 Posts
the higher the power on the scope the more any misalignment of your eye placement will show up. that said the cheek weld is very important . also at higher magnification any movement will be greatly enhanced.
the parralex would be adjusted by another adjustment by the windage/elevation area, or by the exit objective .
your scope might not be adjustable for parralex but should be set at 100 yard and normally would not be a issue until alot more distance is looked at

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info .i think i understand,the higher the power setting it is more critical for your eye alignment must be perfect or the crosshairs will be off target kind of like when u shoot a bow if anchor point is not the same every time sight alignment is off then throws poi off?

·
Registered
28 Posts
superglide said:
thanks for the info .i think i understand,the higher the power setting it is more critical for your eye alignment must be perfect or the crosshairs will be off target kind of like when u shoot a bow if anchor point is not the same every time sight alignment is off then throws poi off?
Yes, just like that.

You also want to be sure that when you zero your scope that you do it on the highest magnification.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
I had a similar problem with an admittedly cheap scope.

When the power was changed, the reticle would move side to side. You couldn't tell at the range. That's why three people couldn't zero it, even after being bore sighted when I bought it. The only way you could tell was against the grid of the bore sighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts