Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently picked up a ruger 10/22 takedown and wanted a scope with some magnification for old eyes. got a mueller 4.5-14 x40. put it on a boresighter for 25 yards as company suggested, but still can't get on the paper. frustrating.

someone on another forum suggested a cantilevered mount 10 or 20 moa? what do you think. need help.

·
Uh-oh...
12,517 Posts
Automatic message - This topic has been moved from Semi-Auto [Rifles] to Optics

You have something waaay wrong if you're not on paper at 25 yards with an overkill scope. Cantilever mounts are meant for very long range. A 10/22 shots will be in the dirt before a 10 or 20 MOA mount helps, and if that does fix your issue, it's a band-aid for your real problem, if that is your problem. Are you sure your shots are going low?

Who bore sighted it, and what method/tool did they use?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rail, rings are tight, with the right amount of space under each. scope isn't tilting and pointed in right direction:)

I can't believ ethere's something wrong with the scope. it's got to be me or something i'm not seeing. going to try the old mirror trick. you guys probably know it. it worked once before.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
I'm heading to Brookhaven or Calverton this Friday to sight in my new RAR if you need someone to spot for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.