Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys fairly new to optics but im going to be purchasing a remmington 700 .308 for hunting and wanted a nice 3x12 for it. im trying to stay under 250-300 what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured 3x12 would be as far out as i would be shooting.  i dont think where ill be going with it ill be shooting farther than 250-300 yards.  nikon is what i was looking at, any particular models you recommend?

·
Registered
785 Posts
basballny2 said:
i figured 3x12 would be as far out as i would be shooting. i dont think where ill be going with it ill be shooting farther than 250-300 yards. nikon is what i was looking at, any particular models you recommend?
is it in ny??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just picked up a Vortex Viper 2-7x for $170 shipped for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical.

This model is discontinued so it's deeply discounted. Check out swfa.com

It apparently gets great reviews with excellent quality glass

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
basballny2 said:
i figured 3x12 would be as far out as i would be shooting. i dont think where ill be going with it ill be shooting farther than 250-300 yards. nikon is what i was looking at, any particular models you recommend?
A friend has a 6-18X Nikon Buckmaster. Great optics.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree with the NIKON Monarch.

I researched this for months before I settled with the NIKON Monarch 5-20x44.

The Monarch is one of the best top-of-the-line scopes for mid-range prices.

They used to be manufactured in Japan but due to labor costs they moved the whole tooling factory to the Philippines. Which is where Burris also manufactures their scopes. Quality has not been an issue since the move.

Can't go wrong with either, I guess.

Here is an excellent URL for info about scopes: http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2i.scopes_optics.htm

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.