Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G23 gen3. Trigger is factory , a little long and a bit gritty..I was looking at Brownells for a drop in one and came across a few brands, such as Glockworx, Ghost and Lonewolf....Which is better? Should I replace all the springs....Which is most bang for the bucks? I was once a hater but now have 3 plastic guns, LOL

Reactions: heartlessmcfly

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Look up "25 cent trigger job" before you change out parts.

The "25 cent trigger job" gets its name because it requires about 25 cents worth of metal polish to complete. It involves stripping the Glock (which is very easy) and applying polish to all metal contact points. It will make a new, non-broken in trigger feel much better. You can couple this with a 3.5lb disconnector and have a SMOOOOOOOOTH, easy pull.

·
Banned
24,664 Posts
I have a pyramid trigger in my race gun. It's reset is short and it pulls about 2.8lbs... It's striker fired so the striker spring has a lot to do with the overall pull. I have a 2lb striker spring on an extended skeletonized striker. The drop in kit from glock store was $250.

If you're not looking to spend money, buy the connector and spring kit. You can polish everything up and make it smoother with little effort.

·
Gunecologist
2,251 Posts
As long as you only use it at the range, you will be okay. Stock trigger is safest. If used in a self defense situation, the lawyers could have a field day with you if the trigger is modified in any way.
Keep an attorneys number handy.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help, Gunna order the Ghost 3.5 and springs from Brownells..It great you can upgrade a Glock trigger for around $20..

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
As long as you only use it at the range, you will be okay. Stock trigger is safest. If used in a self defense situation, the lawyers could have a field day with you if the trigger is modified in any way.
Keep an attorneys number handy.
Wtf is with all the paranoia with this crap? Give me one example where this has happened. This is amounts to the same load of poop people say about you selecting home defense ammo.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,875 Posts
Wtf is with all the paranoia with this crap? Give me one example where this has happened. This is amounts to the same load of poop people say about you selecting home defense ammo.
This has come up before.
"
A classic example is Florida v. Luis Alvarez, where the cornerstone of the state's case against the officer was that he had (A) cocked the hammer of his Smith & Wesson, which (
had two coils removed from the trigger return spring. Yes, he was ultimately acquitted…after a fourteen-month ordeal that included an eight-to-nine-week trial. A detailed account of this case can be found in the autobiography of one of his attorneys, Roy Black, titled "Black's Law."

http://smith-wessonforum.com/concealed-carry-self-defense/419191-facts-about-light-trigger-pull-liability.html

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
I'm not going to argue and everyone does what they want, however, if you are carrying the gun it should be stock IMO. Why would you want your attorney to even have to argue the fact that the lighter trigger adds control and to a higher degree allows the user to hit what they are aiming at? While the prosecution explains to an uneducated firearm phobic jury how you modified the firearm to kill faster and more efficiently. It's just another hurdle you are adding and I have enough trouble thinking I would get an actual jury of my peers.
Ammo is a bit different. You have defense ammo that is approved and carried by police and govt agencies that would give credibility to your choice to utilize what the pros use.
If you shot someone in your home with a shotgun and you hand loaded shells with flechetes or dimes per se, I think the prosecution would make an argument and use the type of ammo you chose against you.
Again just my opinion, but if you are on a shoot situation, you certainly don't want to give the prosecution more of an arguement to place you in jail when you were defending yourself.
JMO

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
This has come up before.
"
A classic example is Florida v. Luis Alvarez, where the cornerstone of the state's case against the officer was that he had (A) cocked the hammer of his Smith & Wesson, which (
had two coils removed from the trigger return spring. Yes, he was ultimately acquitted…after a fourteen-month ordeal that included an eight-to-nine-week trial. A detailed account of this case can be found in the autobiography of one of his attorneys, Roy Black, titled "Black's Law."

http://smith-wessonforum.com/concealed-carry-self-defense/419191-facts-about-light-trigger-pull-liability.html
Apples to oranges, law enforcement are not allowed to modify their guns. IE nypd cannot modify their "New York triggers" on their glocks

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Apples to oranges, law enforcement are not allowed to modify their guns. IE nypd cannot modify their "New York triggers" on their glocks
Like I said, everyone makes their own decisions. Honestly, I wouldn't care if you carried a FA MP5 because a good guy armed, is still a good guy. But be aware of the possible BS.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trigger job update, Got the Ghost spring kit and the 3.5lb connector, Took all the trigger components out, shined them all up with a dremel and jewlers red rouge until they glistened with a mirror finish.. Put the 6lb spring on the striker, it comes with a 4lb also.. but I sometimes carry it and it has to go boom everytime...All I could say is holy moly, Its still a Glock but what a clean crisp trigger..Thanks to all for the help..

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wish my Glock had a nice trigger in it. I'm stuck with that 12lb bullshhhhtt in both of them í ½í±Ž

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you retire you can take that plastic wedge and spring and smash it with a hammer, Then they will be a pleasure to shoot....

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.