1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

In my search for ammo I came across this website:

https://megafirearmsusa.com/

they had some 5.56 in stock, in a can like I was looking for, and the price was about half of any other place. They did not have any "normal" channel for payment, they had Bitcoin, western union, zelle, and one other I can remember now. Both of these things should have been red flags for me, but I placed an order anyway. They send an order summary, and in a separate email they send the payment info.

while I was waiting for the payment info email, I decided to search for reviews. There are a few scam alerts for this web site, and I realized it must be a scam. In stock, low prices, irreversible payment methods, low effort web site, all pointing to a scam.

they just sent me the payment method instructions, and they also texted me about the order. I told them I changed my mind and to cancel the order.

now I feel like a fool because they have my name, address, phone number and email. I will have to watch out for other scams possibly from them via email or text.

·
LIF Official Supporter
2,357 Posts
Hi folks,

they had some 5.56 in stock, in a can like I was looking for, and the price was about half of any other place. They did not have any "normal" channel for payment, they had Bitcoin, western union, zelle, and one other I can remember now. Both of these things should have been red flags for me, but I placed an order anyway. They send an order summary, and in a separate email they send the payment info.

while I was waiting for the payment info email, I decided to search for reviews. There are a few scam alerts for this web site, and I realized it must be a scam. In stock, low prices, irreversible payment methods, low effort web site, all pointing to a scam.

they just sent me the payment method instructions, and they also texted me about the order. I told them I changed my mind and to cancel the order.

now I feel like a fool because they have my name, address, phone number and email. I will have to watch out for other scams possibly from them via email or text.
At least they don't have any payment info

·
Registered
1 Posts
the domain is registered in Austria. I would stay away.

Whois megafirearmsusa.com
This is total scam site, they are registered in several foreign countries, and their latest address is a Kangaroo gas station address, I ordered some parts and was told they only accept Cash App or Zelle. They string you along and the final bait is that in order to get your order you need to pay insurance which is refundable I contacted EMS and they said the insurance is paid by the shipper. This bullshit company told me i had to pay EMS, which by the way ships out of China. Everything about them is crooked and I don't understand how they are still listed on google or any search engines. guess companies ripping off customers doesn't bother google and the rest of search engine providers. You can buy 556 ammo at $370 a thousand, that's the first indicator they are scramming you. Paying Zelle or a Cash App is the second indicator, most honest company take credits cards or Pay Pal, paying cash like Zelle is asking to get screwed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The amount of fake requests I get on IG is unbelievable. Many promise ammo prices pre pandemic and that alone is the red flag!

Just stick to the known vendors. I am also noticing prices dropping a bit. I saw 223 at .60pr even .308 168 smk for 1.25... there is hope still

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,

oh really but I think you must check this 5.56 Ammo | 556 Ammo For Sale From Top Ammo Retailers.
may you will find more about 5.56

·
Registered
1 Posts
I never heard 5.56 came in a can.
Thanks for posting this, prices were too good to be true with the current market...I have bought 5.56 in cans before. Battle packs etc. Good for dry storage, also in ammo cans w/stripper clips...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts