Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Great gun at a great price, heavy barrel is nice for lots of shooting, and the Savage triggers and barrels are excellent. The MkII functions smoothly and the magazines are plenty reliable too. It is a frequently recommended gun, and for good reason. I say go for it. I have a 93R17, which is basically a MkII stretched a bit longer for .22WMR or .17HMR, and I love it, very nice to shoot, and crazy accurate.

·
Sharp Shooter!
412 Posts
DanHS said:
Great gun at a great price, heavy barrel is nice for lots of shooting, and the Savage triggers and barrels are excellent. The MkII functions smoothly and the magazines are plenty reliable too. It is a frequently recommended gun, and for good reason. I say go for it. I have a 93R17, which is basically a MkII stretched a bit longer for .22WMR or .17HMR, and I love it, very nice to shoot, and crazy accurate.
+1

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I have the Mark II BRJ with a Nikon Prostaff BDC scope and I love it.
I also wish I could shoot as well as it does, which was the point of getting it in the first place. I can't blame the equipment.

I liked the feel of the BRJ stock and the high comb versus the FV. You will be putting a scope on that rifle so try to imagine where your cheek will be on the stock when sighting the target through the scope. Was it worth the extra $100 or so? I don't know, but I feel better that I will not regret not spending it.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles/firearms/models/610/vF0leYsRy_ZelzR1sLE.png

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
just rember to use blue loc-tight
papabear

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new rifle shoots great. Better than me. Now I have to work on my technique. Just more reasons to go back to the range.

This is my best grouping of 3 rounds @ 50 yards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.