1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
716 Posts
Have a savage 110 and its super accurate and a great rifle. I imagine thos is waay better with accutrigger and upgraded parts.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
I have two Savage rifles in .308. One is a synthetic stock, pencil profile barrel that I hunt with. Basic rifle; no accutrigger, no bells and whistles. Using Hornady polymer tipped commercial ammo the rifle will punch three holes touching, from a cold barrel. After that groups open up. But its for hunting, not target.
The second is 12FVSS, stainless action and varmint profile barrel. Heavy and long, and will put a hole exactly where you want it all day long.
I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I just got a Savage model 111FNCS, shot it today for the first time, .308, accu stock (fully bedded) & accu trigger, 7lbs, 22in barrel, so far I like it very much.
Handloaded rounds got me this group @ 100 yds..

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
All the great reviews are like music to my ears...  I just bought a Model 16/116 FXP3 in a .308 cal.  I havent shot it yet.  Im probably going to head over to calverton this friday and test it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.