Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just called me up after breaking his savage axis stock around the wrist. ( im not surprised... despite the rifles accuracy, the stock material and the stock design is flawed ) He asked me if I knew of any replacements. i personally have never seen any aftermarket parts for a savage axis, and not really surprised... who wants to dump money into a entry rifle right??

anyway, my question was whether or not anyone has heard of or tried fitting other stocks successfully? maybe a McMillan A5 or something

thanks

·
Mr. ¼ MOA
3,104 Posts
Most aftermarket parts are made for the Savage 10, 12, and
Mark II series... more bullish barrels. I don't think I know of
any aftermarkets for the Axis/Edge.

Thinner barrels don't normally justify aftermarket interests in
my opinion. It's one of those rifles you buy as is, inexpensive,
use it for hunting and that's it. It heats quite a bit after 3
consecutive shots.

Give Savage a call, I'm sure if there is one, someone must
know if or if not.

Peace,
GH-07

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im trying to get him to sell the axis on gunbroker for parts, and buy my rem 700. i completely agree the axis is an out of the box, get dirty and shoot with no worries type rifle.. no need to dump money into it.. according my him, he called savage and was told aftermarket parts are in the works. ughhhhhh

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mad Russian said:
+1

What's the hole spacing on the stock? I have a stock that came off a Savage Model 10.
from my understanding the trigger mark and mag spacing on an axis has a completely different design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.