Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was wondering if there is any hope on getting rid of this thing?Being that alot of us work long hours and don't understand the legal language needed if there is any hope of this thing going away!I head all the counties except 3 (nassau and Suffolk included) oppose this monstrosity! The sherrifs and many lawmakers oppose it.i have heard that there are several lawsuits against it.And I may be wrong,but last time I checked,the state had to prove the act was constitutional by April or may or it would be taken away,but that never happened! So please if anyone with knowledge on this subject can explain the current status on the act like they are talking to a child(me) I would appreciate it! Seems like its prett hopeless and really got me down'!!

·
Sharp Shooter!
1,594 Posts
the answer to that question would be a resounding NO and once Jan 14 of next year comes there will ne no reasonabially priced ammo to be had So unless your rich shooting sports as we know it will be gone

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
....and many lawmakers oppose it.
Unfortunately, many of those who are now opposed to it, actually voted for it. They are now worried about the uproar & their re-elections....so now they are opposed. Some have even offered to introduce bills repealing the unSAFE Act, but it's all just a show, those bills don't have a snowballs chance in hell of passing thru.....and do you think Cuomo would sign them? Time to vote out ALL who voted for this law....including all the RINOs!

You can find out how your elected officials voted here: http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/topic/67473-how-your-long-island-political-appointees-voted-for-safe-act/

·
Walker1847
12,106 Posts
Just like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld......"No guns for you!"

Reactions: iGreg

·
Triple Distilled Unfiltered Truth
3,298 Posts
Just like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld......"No guns for you!"

Side note:
Apparently, Larry Thomas owns the rights to the Soup Nazi image and is a staunch advocate for gun control. When Serbu tried to make this shirt after denying the NYPD testing/sales of their BFG-50A, he had a stop put to it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tonto, on August 27 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:
They are now worried about the uproar & their re-elections....

And worry they should.
I hope they're working on their resume's.

I love when I hear comments like that one!it gives me hope!!all the people we put in charge to watch out for our rights!! It's unbelievable what the republicans did to us!! Sold out for what unknown reason.If these republicans can't get behind the principles of the party the represent,then get them the hell out and get someone in there that will!!! These politicians forget who they work for,and need a wake up call!! I think they are so used to getting away with whatever they want because nobody really gives a damn anymore! But this time they screwed around with us and our gun rights and woke up a sleeping giant.They never bargained for this!!!! Now it's time for justice at the voting booths!!!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
There is no party for liberty.

After reading what the repub party didn't do in the Colorado recalls being done by the constituents.... There is only one party.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Updated a few weeks ago. Best info I have. I believe Dywinski's next date on 9/16 is the start of the actual TRIAL!!!!

Case name: Dywinski, Richard v. State of New York
Case number: 000290/2013
Attorneys involved: James D. Tresmond, Eric Schneiderman (NYS Attorney General)
Next court date: 9/16/2013
Relevant threads/links: Tresmond Lawsuit information - USE THIS THREAD
Quick overview of case: Dywinski is suing the state regarding the SAFE Act. The lawsuit is challenging the state on a number of issues. Bans on commonly used weapons (like shotguns), self incrimination via late registration, and the high capacity magazine ban are among those issues.

Case name: New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, et al. v. Andrew M. Cuomo, et al.
Case number: 13-cv-00291-WMS
Attorneys involved: Halbrook & Stapleton for NRA
Next court date: 9/12/13
Relevant threads/links: Legal action against Cuomo gun law, Schneiderman responds to NY Safe act suit
Quick overview of case: NYSRPA (along with other parties) are suing the state over magazine capacity, ban on assault weapons, classification of assault weapons, and the vagueness of numerous parts of the law.

Case name: New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. City of NY
Case number: None yet
Attorneys involved: Goldberg Segalla for plaintiffs
Next court date: None yet
Relevant threads/links: NYSRPA files 2nd Amendment civil rights lawsuit against City of New York NYSRPA files 2nd Amendment civil rights lawsuit against City of New York
Quick overview of case: The plaintiffs are suing the city over the regulations that make it illegal to take pistols out of NYC for otherwise legal activities. The plaintiffs are unable to attend Steel Challenge and IDPA matches because the laws forbidding the transport of firearms out of state, hunt without authorization from the license division.

Case name: Holtz v. Cuomo
Case number: 1000267/2013
Attorneys involved: Tresmond for plaintiff
Next court date: 8/12/2013
Relevant threads/links:
Quick overview of case: This case attacks the assault weapon sale and transfer ban citing Heller, McDonald, and right to work cases like the Slaughter Cases.

Reactions: Sheeple

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE
3,118 Posts
No point in having a 'woe is me' negative attitude. Especially when the first shots haven't even been fired yet.

If it is not shot down then we can deal with it...until then I am staying positive and not mutilating any of my firearms.
Exactly that!!

I'll cross that path when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts