Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anonymous tip? other than the safe violations, nothing else was found against the law i guess

http://patch.com/new-york/portwashington/detectives-seize-assault-weapons-new-hyde-park-home?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

A New Hyde Park man was arrested after authorities discovered several assault weapons inside his residence Saturday night, police say.

Detectives from the Special Investigations Squad along with Homeland Security Investigation received an anonymous tip that 37-year-old Chandrakant Dhanak was in possession of several firearms and ammunition.

After a consent search by Dhanak, detectives found nine assault weapons inside his residence, which is a direct violation of the Safe Act, police say.

Detectives also recovered 23 rifles and five handguns, which were all legally possessed by Dhanak.

Dhanak was arrested at 8:40 p.m. without incident and was charged with nine counts of criminal possession of a firearm. He was arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Detectives from the Special Investigations Squad along with Homeland Security Investigation received an anonymous tip that 37-year-old Chandrakant Dhanak was in possession of several firearms and ammunition.
There has to be more to it

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
I hope that wasn't an LIF member... He owned many legal firearms. What a waste of his collection!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Sounds like he may have pissed a neighbor off, either way its BS that the state gets away with it. That's when whenever I put my guns in my car, I'm very descript about it. I never take my firearms outside without the case either. Sadly in a state like this you have to dot your I's and cross your T's.

·
Banned
2,611 Posts
now it begins. i wonder if this is the first safe act violation without any other criminal charges?

if you have a pistol license they can request to see your pistols correct ,but do they have access to your home? would you lose your pistol license if you do not let them in?

nothing to hide but just curious do all are rights go away when you get a pistol license

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I didn't read that DHS was on the scene, I wonder why they would bother coming out on a SAFE Act arrest, since that charge only is valid in NY state. Something else is fishy about this.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Homeland Security doesn't give a rats backside about the Safe Act, why did they show up? Definitely more to the story then a bent out of shape neighbor.
DHS is a bureaucracy looking for a mission to justify a growing budget. They insert themselves into anything.

·
Banned
2,611 Posts
if this is his only violation it would be nice to have NRA,scope and the other pro gun anti safeact groups higher some lawyers to defend him.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts